Saturday 5 December 2015

Glittering Christmas Peace

Hello!

I was so inspired this week by the dimensional stars I've seen around blogland. I was curious how these stars worked, so I created one for myself. It turns out that it is just a matter of careful scoring and folding to get the star to sit up nicely like that!

Once I had that star, I just had to use it, and I had a few challenges in mind. Here is my card.
I used Wplus9 Star Stackers die and PTI Snowflake Serenade stamps. Sentiment is silver embossed. The star is made from SU! glitter paper.

I'm entering into three  challenges.

Muse Christmas Visions with this gorgeous inspiration. I love a black background Christmas card, so dramatic!
My layout was inspired by the December Sketch Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.
And last, but not least, Virgina's View Challenge where it's All About Glitter! This is Virginia's last challenge. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be back after a little rest. This is one of my very favourite challenges, probably because Virginia is the sweetest person out there. :-)
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Michelle!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That glittery star is just wonderful!

Jeanne H said...

Love, love your dimensional star card! I've wondered how to do that. Will have to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Chriss Blagrave said...

So very elegant!!! I love the soft shimmer against the black!
Thanks so much for linking up to MCV this week, honoured that you did with such a Beauty!

Marlena M. said...

Michelle, this is stunning!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card...just love that star. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Darnell said...

Your scored puffy star is just perfect for these challenges, Michelle! It stood out a mile!! Gotta pin this one! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

Wow...I just love your star, and the embossed sentiment are so beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card, Michelle. I like how your star takes center stage and is paired so well with the gorgeous sentiment.

Virginia L. said...

Your star speaks VOLUMES! I have to utilize that 3-D element more! LOVE your beautiful CAS design, Michelle! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Glitter” Challenge! Your support means a lot to me. Thank you for your kind words! xo

Birgit said...

Two beautiful cards and a great use of the December sketch!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers December sketch challenge.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! Love the shimmery star!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - so simple and yet so elegant and breathtaking. I know Kelly Griglione did a lot with these 'barn stars' a couple of years ago - I always wonder how you adhere them! lol! Looks fantastic - thanks for joining us at MCV this week, Michelle!

Tanja said...

love that fabulous sparkling star - thanks for sharing your beautiful project at the HLS Sketch Challenge

ElizStewart said...

Incredibly elegant!

Cris G. said...

Fantastic card Michelle, so stylish!