Thursday 12 January 2012

Clean and Simple Day 3

Hello!

In Clean and Simple Classes Day 3, the topic for discussion was Inspiration. Where to find it, and what to do with it. I have to admit, I find inspiration EVERYWHERE, but I don't always use it.  A little while ago, I found a piece of art on Pinterest, and was instantly inspired, but haven't had the time to go back and work on my ideas.  For Day 3, I decided I would work on this. When I got into it, I realised that the time required to produce what was in my head was going to be more than I had, so I modified my design and my expectations. The original idea will wait for another day when I have more time. :-)

This is the art work, by Frank Stella:

When I first pinned it, I didn't have a die-cutting machine. And I didn't have any circle dies. I now have both. I started by cutting lots of circles using Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles.
This is after I had sorted them out.  Bad photo, but you get the idea. Then I stuck them down and cut them up. And then I played around for ages.

This is what I ended up with:
And the individual cards:
I don't really know if these qualify as CAS. They actually are quite simple, but they are very busy to look at, a bit like a 1970s bedspread or curtain, LOL!

Michelle
xxx

9 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness ... this is some piece of artwork ... simply amazing!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the idea - both of these are beautiful :)

anke-art said...

Wow, these are cool! I just stared at my monitor like a hypnotized chicken... ;)
CAS or not, they are beautiful!

Jay Gee said...

They are so striking Michelle. I love them both, you are so clever :)

Jenny said...

What an incredible effect you've made Michelle!! Totally mesmerizing! (in a good way...Lol)
Jenny x

T said...

holy smokes these are awesome!

Jen W. said...

These are brilliant! How did I miss these yesterday?? Glad you got yourself those dies! :)

suszu said...

Oh WOW, these cards are really funky

Paula Dobson said...

Oh my goodness!! I have never seen anything quite so funky on a card. Love them both ♥