Thursday 19 January 2012

Clean and Simple Days 6 and 7

This is my second post of the day. To see my For Your Inspiration post, just scroll down. :-)
Hello!

I had three really busy and really long days at work to start this week, so I had zero chance to even look at the Clean and Simple Classes 6, 7, and 8. Today I looked over Class 6 - Simple Embellishments, and Class 7 - Plainly White, and I decided to combine the two into one card. I think I used just about every technique we were shown in the tutorial videos!

My "embellishment" is my butterfly. I've used a negative die cut again because I just LOVE negative die cuts.  I have another card to make for these two classes, and I might get to that one tomorrow.

Here is today's effort:
I used my Stampin'Up! Butterfly punch twice (patterned paper and vellum), I edged the butterfly (and covered myself) in Dazzling Diamonds glitter, I stamped the sentiment in Pretty in Pink to keep the soft feel of the card.

I like it.

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Your little butterfly embellishment is so delicate and the twine body is a brilliant idea too. I'm playing catch-up with class too...my head is spinning with ideas!
Jenny x

T said...

Oooh this card is awesome. I love the softness and the little details like the glitter and twine.

Gayatri said...

I love the butterfly especially the vellum layer and the twine. Great white CAS card Michelle :)

kingstonmama said...

What a beautiful card. I love your butterfly - so soft and pretty. I've been seeing so many fabulous window cards. Must try this! :) Ann Y.

gardener said...

I like it too. I'm also getting into using negatives more and more. Love the effect. Thx for posting your creation

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Simple and Beautiful!! I love it! I am going to have to use my butterfly punch more.

Hugs
Shirley

Virginia L. said...

Stunning card, Michelle! Love your use of vellum and stamping!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is just super gorgeous, Michelle! LOVE the simplicity, May have to CASE this one - LOL!