Monday 9 January 2012

PDCC#113 - Baby Congratulations

Hello!

The Play Date Cafe Challenge this week has the most beautiful sea glass colours as the inspiration. I think these colours rival yellow as my absolute favourite.  Unfortunately, I don't have sea glass colours in my ink supplies, a major oversight that I MUST take care of.

This is the colour story:
Yum, don't you think? I am pretty sure I have that top left photo torn out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, for future reference for paint colours somewhere in my home. :-)

I have gone for a "blue" theme and hope it fits well enough.  One of our cousins has just had a baby boy within the past 24 hours, and this card will be winging its way to him very soon.

My card:
I absolutely adore this card, totally. The frog is one of my favourite images from Jane's Doodles' Garden Friends set. The dies are PTI. The embossing folder is Sizzix, I inked it up before embossing to get the blue stripes. The sentiments are from PTI - Inside and Out: Baby. I coloured the frog using my Inktense pencils.

I hope you like him.

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. That mat stack is my favorite. It goes great with the background. cute image.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, the stripes look like satin ribbon...what a clever effect :)
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

At first glance I thought the background was patterned paper - it looks fabulous. Such a cute card :)

Jane said...

Adorable! LOVE it!

Stacy said...

Aww....super cute card!! Love that little frog :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!