Sunday 15 January 2012

Clean and Simple Day 5 - techniques

Hello!

Day 5 at Clean and Simple Classes is about using techniques. The first technique is called Watercolour Blocking. It uses distress inks, of which I have none. That hasn't deterred me from attempting this technique, LOL! My first few attempts truly aren't fit for sharing. But I soldiered on!

This one that I created used a completely different watercolouring technique, and came about because I was playing with my Derwent Inktense pencils to create blocked watercolours when my little girl came up to check out my progress.  She said "Oh, YES! Yes, yes, yes! This one! Can this be for me?"  Only it wasn't yet a card she was looking at, it was just rainbow stripes on watercolour paper. It was my way of clearing the creative brick wall I had hit in attempting this technique... Anyway, who can resist an enthusiastic 4-year-old? Not me, for sure!  We sat together, she told me what she wanted, and away we went.

Here is the outcome, my little girl's card she designed for her big sister:
I'm not sure if you can see all the shimmer on the card. It is a very shimmery rainbow background. And the little one INSISTED that there be bling on the heart. The heart is black embossing. The black frame was drawn in my magic little Copic pen (the one Copic I own). The heart and the sentiment stamps are both from retired Stampin' Up! sets. The cardstock is Night of Navy and Crumb Cake.

I do love rainbows... now I'm off to try to create some more.

Michelle
xxx

4 comments:

suszu said...

This card is really lovely, the ainbow colours give me a sence of hope

Jenny said...

Oh how sweet is this post Michelle, love that your card was co-designed by your daughter :)
Gorgeous rainbow effect... I'm still thinking about mine :)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful! Love the rainbow of splashes of color!

Jay Gee said...

This card is so pretty - the rainbow background is lovely Michelle - the mother/daughter team obviously work well together :)