Wednesday 11 January 2012

Clean and Simple Day 2, Part 2 with OLW74

Hello!

When I saw One Layer Wednesday this week, I decided to try to wake up my mojo and make another card for Clean and Simple Card Classes, Day 2. I made another stack of one-layer cards and this one is the very best of that bunch. Sigh!

Here is the card:
This card has potential. I need to reposition the elements at the very least! As it is, my kids like it, and they will use it, yay!

I used PTI Turning a New Leaf, and SU! Wonderful Favourites. Colours are Real Red and Pixie Pink.

I'm actually a bit embarrassed to share this one, but someone recently commented on her blog how nobody ever shows the less-than-perfect cards. So this post is for her, and you never know, someone else (a lot less critical than me) might like it, or it might inspire someone to make a better version, and that would make me happy. :-)

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't be so hard on yourself! A lot of crafters have a dread with one-layer cards. Maybe the pink could have been toned down...maybe both the colors are solid....maybe one can be dark and the other lighter...think about it :)
Good luck with your classes and enjoy!

T said...

You are awesome! A post dedicated to ME. I need to post some pictures of my fail cards. I like this card and I agree it has potential. I think I'm just not a huge fan of the bright pink... kind of detracts from the sentiment. If you can find a way to tone down the brightness - restamp with a chalk ink or something, I dunno. Knowing me it would turn out awful!

I love the one layer though, and sentiment, the leavy stamp, the crystals. I'm jealous that you're taking these classes!

Erin said...

I like it very much.

I also found this OLW to be SUPER HARD. I felt my card needed black.

It's fun to do something challenging though and your card turned out beautifully.

Joyce said...

I really like this card. There is nothing wrong with the layout or the stamp choice. If I had any critique, I'd say the colors seem to be fighting each other. But, hey, that's not your fault, as the assignment was red and pink.

Deborah Frings said...

I like it! The sentiment is lovely, super colour! I really like the leaves too, but like the earlier suggestions may be a softer shade of pink. Love the touch of bling!

Mynn xx said...

I like it, too! I think it's so pretty--LOVE the bright pink! :)

Susan Raihala said...

I don't see whatever problem you see. It looks awesome to me, and I LOVE your bling placement!!!!