Monday 9 January 2012

RIC#3 - Black and White Love

Hello!

I've been pondering Runway Inspired Challenge #3 for a little while now, trying to think how I would use those black and white stripes. Today the idea came to me, so I sat down in this 36 degree heat (96.8F) and whipped up a little card quickly before I go for a swim. :-)

Here is the inspiration:
Black and white isn't my forte in card-making. Neither are stripes, really, but I like them!

I went for a black and white heart, and I picked up the circles off the runway floor.

Here is my card:
PTI Heart dies, PTI Background Basics: Circles, PTI Botannical Silhouettes (sentiment). A really easy card, and I really like it.

Now, I'm going to try to beat the afternoon thunderstorm to the pool.  It was a clear blue day 30 minutes ago, now we're looking at this:
It doesn't look much, but it won't be long until the sky is dark grey with lightning and thunder - that's my prediction anyway. It's rare for us to have this heat, and high humidity all day without an afternoon thunderstorm. We can't swim in a storm, so it is a matter of getting there before the thunder starts growling.

Michelle
xxx

20 comments:

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous x x

Jen W. said...

Fabulous card! I hadn't even noticed the circles on the floor - love how you incorporated them! Hope you got a swim in before the storm! (And hope the storm brought the humidity down a bit...)

Arlene said...

Love the simple yet bold look of this card...just gorgeous!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

I'm JEALOUS! i love your style!

Jenny said...

Fantastic take on the photo...love monochrome, always so stylish :)
Hope you got to the pool before the storm!!!
Jenny x

Unknown said...

I love love love what you did, Michelle! Gorgeous!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Oh my...I just about fell to the floor when I saw your card. Those circles...the concentric hearts...the 2 fonts on the sentiment...just AMAZING! Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge (and for inspiring me!)

Cristina said...

I wish I had made this card myself. LOOOOOOVE it! Thanks for playing with us!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! Simply lovely! Perfect CAS! :)

kingstonmama said...

This is a very striking design. I love the black and white. Perfect simplicity. :) Ann Y.

Wida said...

Creative, simple and striking! Great job

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Wow Michelle!

Marion said...

This is gorgeous! Congrats on your win! Well deserved!

Gayatri said...

Go Michelle! You are on a roll Ma'm! Congrats on your win :)

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop! Big congrats on your win!! :)

Ginny said...

Congratulations on your win! well deserved for an totally awesome card!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Michelle!! Well deserved win!!

Nicki S said...

This card is just stunning! Great work and congrats on the win!!

Lisa A. said...

Michelle...this is soooo pretty!!! Congrats on your win...well deserved:)!!