Thursday 26 January 2012

Colour Q #121 and Happy Australia Day

Hello!

Apart from my blubbering about national pride and Australia Day below, this post is about my card for ColourQ #121.  The colours this week are:
This week my PTI order arrived, and in there was Rosie Posie. Today was the day to ink it up.  Here is the first card I made using my new set and the gorgeous colours from colourQ.
Oh, I like this card. One layer. Bright colours on kraft. A nice big sentiment. And lots of open space. The white is an Inktense pencil. The sentiment is Think Big Favorites #11


Today is Australia Day. It is a national holiday. We get to celebrate the federation of Australia over barbeques and beer, maybe watching some sport on tv, generally relaxing. I got to do one of my favourite things for Australia Day this morning. I attended a Citizenship ceremony. I think Australia Day is the perfect day to become a citizen, and every time I attend one, I get all teary at welcoming our newest Australian citizens on our national day. I make it through singing the national anthem (Advance Australia Fair), but then we sing the national song (We Are Australian) and I get so choked up that I can't sing properly. I'm a big wuss! So to everybody in Australia today, I say, Happy Australia Day.


Michelle
xxx

18 comments:

Gayatri said...

Happy Australia Day, Michelle! I too get teary when I see new Australian Citizens getting their citizenship. I became teary when I got mine couple of years ago.I can totally relate with you there :)
Beautiful card. Love the gorgeous big flower. Pops out against the craft. Love it :)

T said...

This card is gorgeous!!

I wish I was an Australian. Your accents are so cool, I'm so jealous. :)

Marlena M. said...

Amazing card, Michelle! Thank you for sharing Australia Day...I definitely want to share this info with my girls. ;)

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card, Michelle, love what you did with the colors! Happy Australia Day to you, wonderful to have those feelings about your country! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Margaret said...

Such a gorgeous card
Margaret x

Christina said...

Michelle, this card totally caught my eye! I love the stamping on kraft, the white highlighting, and the great use of white space. Beautifully done!
Happy Australia Day to you, and thanks for sharing a little bit about it!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love how you used the white pencil to make it pop! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

Marybeth said...

Love your beautiful fresh card its just perfect! Happy Australia Day! Enjoy and have a wonderful day!

Aleksandra said...

Again one gorgeous CAS design. I just love them but never been too good at making them. :))) Flower is beautiful an the big sentiment fits perfectly. Lovely!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Jenny said...

Wow what a pop of colour! Fabulous card and Happy Australia day for yesterday :)
Jenny x

Lisa Elton said...

Well Happy Austalia Day to you!! What a great way to celebrate by sharing this vibrant pretty flower.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning! Where else to begin, this card is gorgeous. In fact I have been resisting Rosie Posie and I went and purchased it right after I saw your card. Pure inspiration. Happy Austrailia Day to you, please send some of your warm weather to Canada. What ink colours did you use of this?

Michelle said...

Tracey, I used Real Red, More Mustard, Old Olive. Crumb Cake card base. White Inktense pencil.

Thank-you everyone for your lovely comments! :-)

Michelle said...

Tracey, I used Real Red, More Mustard, Old Olive. Crumb Cake card base. White Inktense pencil.

suzARTe said...

This is so pretty, i love how the large flower looks on the craft cardstock. i'm like you on Australia day, had the best Australia day ever this year

Jen W. said...

Oh wow! The white pencil around the edge is a fabulous touch! It really makes the flower pop off of the kraft! I'll definitely be borrowing that idea!

Unknown said...

The white border around the flower is AWESOME! I can't believe this is a one layer card, I might need that pencil now, too! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week!! :)

Christa said...

Great job, love it!