Monday 11 June 2012

Buon Compleanno, sorella!

Hello!

Here I am with a second card for today, yay! After this I will have to make some dinner and perhaps start my big move into the rumpus room corner I have been eyeing off. The move off the dining room table is well overdue and I think I've tested my family's patience enough on that score. ;-)

The card I've created here is for my step-sister's birthday, which is tomorrow. She is currently in Italy and her son (my nephew) was baptised yesterday in Florence. I wish I had been there. This card will never make it through the Italian post before she heads back to Australia, so I will give it to her virtually tomorrow and then physically when she comes home. :-)

This is the card. Forgive the wonky photo!
I used my new background stamp - Hero Arts Large Flower Background. I love this stamp. I've been coveting it for months. I finally picked it up at the expo yesterday. Colours are Night of Navy, Real Red, and Whisper White. The frame is PTI Fillable Frames #10. The sentiment is PTI Global Greetings. I used white embossing on the navy card base.

This is for Pals Paper Arts #136, which is a colour challenge.
I couldn't resist when I saw these colours.

and also for CASE Study #94, where Joy Taylor is muse this month! I tell you, there has been a run on some of my favourite card makers lately! Joy is awesome and I'm excited at the chance to CASE her. This is her card.
I used Joy's basic layout, but obviously changed the colours drastically. :-)

Thanks for dropping by!

Michelle
xxx

4 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

I love the sentiment in Italian for your card! The HA background is really pretty and the you used Joy's design beautifully! Great job.

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty! Love the navy and white background!

Maureen said...

so bold and beautiful! Love your colour choices :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Clare said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!