Friday 27 March 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch 116

Hello!

I was away in Canberra last week. I usually spend my time in Belconnen (to the North of the city). This time I was in the South in Woden. On the street was a massive lemon squeezer - the ones with a handle that you press into the lemon. Only it's name is Droplet. I didn't get to see it at night, but in the day it was pretty awesome sitting there on the street corner. It's the work of artist Stuart Green. You can see it HERE or you might have already seen it on my Instagram account.. Brisbane has some amazing artwork on the streets too, but I think I've become a little immune to them! I should probably start photographing them and sharing here. :-)

This week I've been home. And I like it. I'm away again next week, but for the moment, I'm enjoying being home with my family. :-)

This is my contribution to CAS(E) This Sketch this week. I am using my new Altenew stamps, Striped Florals. I cannot wait to fully explore this set! It's beautiful!
I managed to fairly closely follow the sketch this week, although not exactly. ;-)
I'm going to add this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #4 (when I wake up). This Altenew stamp set is brand new and this is the first card I've made with it.

I have a Facebook page where I also share my cards and links to my posts. Sometimes I share something not from the blog, but it is pretty much an alternative access to my blog (with much fewer words to get through). Would you like to check out the page and follow me if you like what you see? If you already follow me, but haven't seen my posts for a while... that's the way FB works, you just need to like or comment or visit every now and then to get the feed working again. ;-)

Now I'm off to bed for my beauty sleep! Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Michelle! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Michelle! Sounds like a fun get a way.
Have you heard of Gram Freeman on Instagram, he is doing a lot of tourism promotions for Australia .

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. I love the way you've colored the flower!

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Michelle, that flower? Swoon!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. Now I need to check out that flower set.

Aileen said...

Hi Michelle
Love your card, the colours, stamp and layout.
I was also in Canberra last week, down there all the time, visiting my family. Beautiful place but cold......

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!

karen h said...

Very pretty! Love the coloring!

Darnell said...

Sigh! You know the way to the core of my CAS-loving heart, Michelle! The brilliance of this card is its pure simplicity!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Be safe in your travels this week! Hugs, Darnell

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super, super stunning!

Kelly Latevola said...

ahhh! I love it so much! I had this set on my desk at a crafty retreat this weekend but I never got to use it. I used floral motifs instead so I'm so happy to see it here. You used it beautifully!!

Brandi said...

Wow! Gorgeous coloring!