Sunday 25 March 2012

Butterfly birthday

Hello!

Today I am combining two challenges - Gayatri's Inspired by Pinterest and CASE Study #83.

I follow Gayatri on Pinterest (as well as here in blogland), and her pins are always inspiring. I don't know how she managed to choose just one image for this challenge, LOL! This is the image.
I love butterflies, don't you?

At CASE Study this week, the muse is still Laura Bassen (yay!), with this lovely card.
I love the layout. I love the simplicity.

By the time I finished my card, it wasn't as simple as I had planned, but I still like it. :-)
I used PTI Background Basics: Circles and Pretty Peonies. The colours are SU! poppy parade, pretty in pink, and soft suede. Card is PTI white (the card) and SU! white (the front panels).

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I hope you like the card. :-)

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! Love your take on both challenges, those butterflies are just gorgeous!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Michelle! Your card is sooooooo pretty! The big "HAPPY" along the side is fantastic!!!

Gayatri said...

Ooo! Very pretty! Love love the shading on the butterfly and the gingham strip with the happy is awesome. Best of all are those pearls on the butterfly. Love your card. Pinning it :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun :)

Marie said...

Very pretty butterfly card. Love the color palette.

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on both challenges! Love the two toned butterflies and that big "happy"!

Jenny said...

I think the two tone butterflies really make this lovely card wonderful Michelle, great card for both challenges :0)
Jenny x

Beverley said...

Beautiful combination of challenges x

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Those rock-n-rolled butterflies are beautiful! Ann Y.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love your always unique take challenges-this one in particular-great idea to use the sentiment vertically.

Christina said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The red on the tips of the butterfly wings just makes them pop, and I love how you stamped on the patterned paper strip as well. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is such a standout Michelle, l love your style and those butterflies look great rock n rolled.xxx