Saturday 24 March 2012

Simple Spring Elegance - Tuesday Trigger and Jay Gee's Nook Challenge

Hello!

Once again I have been pondering the current Jay Gee's Nook Challenge for a long time. It is Easter themed - bunnies and eggs. BUT, it also has lots of pretty pastels and I was thinking pastels and kraft and "Spring" even though we are in Autumn for Easter at this end of the world. This is the photo inspiration.
I thought about borrowing some bunny and egg stamps, or borrowing any of the gorgeous silhouette stamps that are out there at the moment, but then I decided to fall back to my Spring theme when I saw the Tuesday Trigger: Simple Elegance this week. Here it is:
Yummo! I could LIVE in that room. This room appeals to me through and through. See that vase of tulips on the table, and that lovely pale pink rug? All that brown and beige and cream, a touch of white and a touch of pink. PERFECT.

This is my card:
The card base is SU! early espresso, the cream panel is PTI vintage cream. The colours are SU! crumb cake, pretty in pink, certainly celery. Stamps are SU! Bliss (the damask), PTI Think Big Favorites #11 and Flower Fusion #11. (I used a ruled pencil line and a stamp positioner to get that background stamped). Oh, and I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles to cut the aperture and circle.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle
xxx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle How lovely is this so classy. I love that backing paper, very "french" looking Hugs Elaine

StephC said...

Beautifully done! Love everything about it!

Jenny said...

Arrr your card conveys that beautiful room perfectly Michelle, I love the hand stamped bkgd piece :0)
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

Lovely Michelle. The stamped background is gorgeous and you have added just the right amount of pink. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

T said...

gorgeous! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Sweet card Michelle! That little Tulip is so pretty!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so sweet! What a beautiful image and works so well with both images!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous take on the Trigger! Love the yummy background and the way you framed the image in pink. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)