Thursday 8 March 2012

Happy Birthday, Mum!

Hello!

I have two cards to share today. They were both rejects from a recent submission call. That was actually okay, because I really created them for my Mum and my Mum-in-Law for their birthdays. I was a bit worried that if they got picked up in the call that I would have to recreate them for the Mums, LOL!

The first was for my mother-in-law. She likes purple and she likes flowers, especially roses. She is one of the most talented gardeners I know. She has a small garden which always has something pretty, something that smells nice, and it is always under control (unlike my garden). I love looking over it EVERY time I visit. Here is her card:

The second was for my Mum. My Mum is more into Spring colours, she also loves flowers, and she is also a great gardener. My Mum's garden is gigantic. She has a half acre block with very little lawn, it is pretty much ALL garden. It is full of shrubs, trees, and flowers galore. There are also many, many fruit trees and a couple of vege patches. There are also food plants growing all amongst the flowers. Mum likes the cottage garden style, and she does it well. She has a fairy garden built for my girls and when we visit, they disappear in there for ages. The fairy garden is full of fairy lights and at night it is magical. This is my Mum's card:
The photo is terrible. It is an easel card, but to get all of the card properly in the photo, I had to angle it weirdly. Trust me, it's pretty, LOL!

I'm loving the combination of PTI Rosie Posie and Filigrie Border, yum!

Happy Birthday to both my Mum-in-Law and my Mum. Lots of love to you both.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you like my cards.

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle - love seeing two different cards using the same stamps :)

T said...

My mum is a gardener too! I believe her favorites are irises, but I'm pretty sure peonies are a close second. She is like your mum... she only has a tiny bit of grass - most of her yard is flowers!

I love the cards! I hate paper piecing myself but I love the look!

Pauline said...

Two beautiful cards Michell, I love this rosie posie set, they are just gorgeous!

Jen W. said...

These are both gorgeous, Michelle, and your mum and MIL are sure to love them! Think I could borrow your mum to sort out our garden?

Jenny said...

The gardens certainly inspired your beautiful cards and Rosie Posie does it in style! Love the bright,bold colours on both :0)
Jenny x

Marie said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle. Love the CAS feel to these cards. Great color combos.

kingstonmama said...

Lovely cards, Michelle. I've seen so many beautiful cards made with these rosie posie stamps. I love the colors you've used on each card. Your mom's fairy garden sounds like a wonderful place. :) Ann Y.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Michelle like your style. Great colours.
hugs Elaine