Sunday 16 October 2011

Christening Day

Hello!

Yesterday was Christening Day for one of my nieces. I looked everywhere for inspiration for a Christening card and sentiment, but it seems they are rare in blogland, or I was looking in the wrong places!  So I decided to just make a card I liked and to write my own sentiment inside.

The card:
You might guess her name is Elena.  The photo is a bit fuzzy, sorry!

I used the colours from CR84FN #40 again.
I SERIOUSLY love these colours.

I used SU! Card stock Soft Suede, Ruby Red, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink was Real Red, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Ribbon is Soft Suede Taffeta
I also used Shimmer Mist all over the vanilla panel, and it sparkles so softly.
Stamps: PTI Outlines Alphabet, I have no idea what these babushka stamps are - I was given them without a name. They are clear stamps.


The Christening was wonderful. Elena was beautifully behaved right through the ceremony, and didn't flinch when she was baptised. She did give a little wipe of her forehead, but that was it. The party afterwards was superb. My step-family are Italian, and my sister's husband is Croatian, so we had the very best of Italian and Croatian food and hospitality. I seriously LOVE these family celebrations with the big extended family and our special friends.

Now I'm off to enjoy this beautiful blue-sky day (and perhaps squeeze in another card-making session later).

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

T said...

Cute and simple! I love it!

Deborah Frings said...

This is a wonderful Christening card - so personal - and I'm sure it will be treasured. I do like the Russian dolls - they are fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Suzanne Russell said...

Adorable card for any occasion! I love the bold alphas with the dolls. Great design!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so cute Michelle! My great niece collects these little nesting dolls ~ she would treasure this card! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Jay Gee said...

Love how you personalised this card with your niece's name and I love your babushka dolls :)

Andrea M said...

Michelle, your Christening card is ADORABLE! I love those nesting dolls! You did a BEAUTIFUL job with this treasure!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful design for a Christening card and great that you were able to personalize it too :)
Jenny x

Cheryl said...

What a sweet card. I love the simplicity and the personalization. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!