Thursday 13 October 2011

OLW#68 and CR84FN#40

Hello!

I'm rushing out the door, so creative blog titles elude me! LOL.  I whipped up a couple of cards this morning to share with you.  The first is a response to One Layer Wednesday #68 and CR84FN Color Challenge #40.

Susan's challenge for OLW this week is to use triangles.  I think you can actually SEE the triangle in this one-layer card, yippee.  This time I created the stamping on a scrap piece of paper BEFORE stamping the card, just to make sure I could create the triangle that I had in my imagination.  I'm thinking of adding a couple of blingy bits to this card later. I like it as it is, but I also like a little bling.

The colours came from CR84FN:
I couldn't resist. I might come back and make some more cards in response to this colour challenge. I love them!

I used SU! Real Red, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake. The stamp set is PTI Botanical Silhouettes.

My other card I made in response to a beautiful card I found on Pinterest and tracked down to Ingrid Danvers' blog.  Ingrid's card is this one:
                               
I wanted to make a one-layer card pretty much the same.  BUT I had a masking accident and my beautiful white space I had created was RUINED, so I added a green strip instead of the twine and white I'd planned.  Here is my card:
I still like it, but I'll try again to make what I have imagined.

Must rush off - it is gymnastics day for the little one.

What do you think of my cards today?   I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Michelle
xxx

15 comments:

T said...

My favorite would be the middle one. Everything looks very tied together. Or something. The colors are nice and muted, whereas the bottom one is more bold. The string, button, and extra layer pulls my eye into the card.

NOT that I'm saying I don't like the others! I just particularly love the middle!

Marybeth said...

Wow! I think all of your cards are stunning! The first is CAS, love it. The other two are amazing with all the different colors. Cant go wrong with that beautiful sentiment, one I use often.

Mynn xx said...

Beautiful cards! I LOVE the one you CASEd. :)

Jenny said...

I can definitely see the triangle Michelle, clever stamping and I agree a great colour combo.
Super CASE too, those colours are very dreamy :)
Jenny x

Susie W. said...

Love the triangle CAS card Michelle. Those CR84FN colors are just perfect for that image and sentiment!
Thanks so much for the comments you left on my blog :)

Sue Lelli said...

PRETTY cards! LOVE the CAS lines in the first one! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your one layer card, simplicity at its best.

Deborah Frings said...

Yes, I can see the triangle too - simply fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the first card...great CAS design! And your second...cased very well:)

Cheryl said...

Two pretty cards! I LOVE the elegance of the first one. That little bit of red is gorgeous. So glad you joined us at CR84FN this week!

Marie said...

The triangle card is fantastic. Stunning CAS card.

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful cards. Love the CR84FN one, just gorgeous in its simplicity.
TFS
Ang

Andrea M said...

GORGEOUS cards! Love the CAS layout of the first and the fabulous colors in the second! AMAZING work! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

kingstonmama said...

I love both of these, Michelle. Your CASE is beautiful and the green stip makes a great save. I adore the first card. Perfectly CAS.

Suzanne Russell said...

How beautiful. It just makes me sign with a smile!