Thursday 6 October 2011

For Your Inspiration #15


Hello!

Well it's that time again, another For Your Inspiration Challenge. And that means another amazing inspiration photograph. Yay!

Also, being the first challenge of the month, we have a sponsor, and this sponsor has some of the cutest digi-stamps around. Go over and take a look at Bugaboo Digi Stamps, they're gorgeousBugaboo have Catch The Bug Challenge Blog, which is worth a look too. Bugaboo Stamps are giving away 7 digi-stamps to one of our lucky participants this challenge. An extra reason to enter the FYI challenge, on top of the beautiful inspiration photo.

This photograph has so many different ideas to use. It was hard settling on just one. And so I didn't.

This is my first response to the photo, meet Clyde:
I liked the way Clyde's wings mirrored the shape of the windows in the cathedral. I also coloured him in similar colours.

What I used:
Stamp: Bugaboo Digi Clyde, and I forget where the sentiment came from
Card: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Watercolour paper
Ink: Night of Navy
Inktense Pencils

A couple of weeks ago I was cutting out kites with the Die-namics Fly A Kite die, and when I finished a row of kites, I found a lovely row of windows. My first thought was "Play School" (round, square, diamond window). My second thought was church windows. Then I thought, hang on a sec, here is another idea for the FYI challenge. It took me a couple of weeks from idea to execution, but I have made it in the knick of time.  Here it is:
The colours were selected by my littlest girl who needs a birthday card for one of her little friends this week-end. Apparently he likes green and blue, LOL.

What I used:
Stamps: Bugaboo Digi Clyde, SU! So Happy For You (sentiment)
Card: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Green Galore, Night of Navy
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Inktense Pencils

So, off you go, whip up a card to enter into FYI #15.

Oh, but before you go, tell me what you think of my fun dragon cards, I love to hear from you.

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Oh you clever girl! I love both ideas. I totally see how his wings mirror the windows. Love both of these.

T said...

super cute dragon stamp!!

Donelda said...

Oh wow, I love both your cards!! Amazing how different inspiration can be!! !

StephC said...

Adorable cards Michelle! I love the image you chose. Well done!!

Pauline said...

Ahhh, Clyde is such a cutie! I love how you coloured him in both cards, so sweet! I love the windows you made too, so creative, and the grey dragons remind me of gargoyles!