Wednesday 12 November 2014

An extra card for CAS(E) This Sketch 99

Hello!

I needed to make a card for someone who is celebrating a special birthday soon. It took me a while to think what I was going to make. I had to make a big card for a group of us to sign. This card is A5. It turns out that this week's sketch for CTS and wPlus9 Pretty Peonies work perfectly in this format. :-)
The photo doesn't do this card justice, but you get the idea. ;-)
The first dignitaries arrived in Brisbane today for the G20 summit. They'll be arriving non-stop over the next two days. Brisbane City is a little crazy right now. President Obama arrives on Saturday, and they've just created a new security zone just a few kilometres from my home at the University of Queensland because he's speaking there. All I know is that I am really looking forward to that extra public holiday they have given us on Friday! I plan to stay home and not go anywhere if I can help it! I really need a day of rest!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Enjoy that extra day off! I can't even imagine the madness the G20 summit brings! Love your beautiful card especially the touch of embossing!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just stunning, your flowers are so so pretty.

Kelly Latevola said...

This is beautiful! I keep going back and forth about this set and I think you just settled it for me!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

I blinked and missed it, Michelle!! Oh I'm so disappointed that I didn't get to post my card!!
=] Michele

Kara said...

beautiful!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These flower are just beautiful! I love the colors you chose too!

Shona Chambers said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off today and didn't have to even get out of your pyjamas!! I bet its crazy there, all those Leaders in one place, so glad I'm not in charge of all that security. Such a gorgeous card, really love the turquoise with the flower colours. Very modern and pretty at the same time.

Marika said...

Beautiful!

Brandi said...

What a beautiful card. I love the color combo and flowers!

T said...

You are a master, woman. I love the colors and the flowers are gorgeous. I assume you hand painted that? Watercolors? Something?

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful arrangements of those pretty flowers Michelle. Love the colors too.