Friday 7 November 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 99 - it's my sketch!

Hello!

This week is a very exciting week for me in my crafting life, a new milestone in fact. For the very first time ever, I created a sketch. And it was accepted as a sketch for CAS(E) This Sketch! Looking at it now, I wish I had made the sketch itself a little prettier. At the time, I was just jotting down an idea, lol! When I drew the sketch, I was thinking those explosions were flowers, but my computer didn't give me flowers as an option. I've since learned how to find more shapes. ;-)

When I came to make a card from the sketch, those flowers fled from my brain and were replaced by Christmas ornaments. Well, it is THAT time of year after all! The time that I make a pile of Christmas cards and then forget to send them until after Christmas...
Bauble stamps are SU! Cheerful Christmas, sentiment is PTI.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with my sketch. I'll be checking the gallery eagerly!

Thanks for coming by!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Deepti said...

Beautiful ornaments :)

Ardyth said...

I think you just saved my life! I'm going to use this for my Festive Friday card tomorrow! YAY!

Michelle said...

Congrats on creating your first sketch for CTS- beautiful inspiration and an amazing card!

Leigh Penner said...

I loved your sketch, Michelle (I've made two cards with it so far....) and your take on it is lovely! And don't worry about the "explosions"... when I send my sketches into Chrissy, they're drawn on a piece of paper and photographed -- Chrissy does all the rest! So, you're ahead of me, for sure....

Lynn said...

Your sketch is amazing! I am in love with the ornaments. Stunning! And mail those cards Michelle! :)

Shona Chambers said...

Well, how exciting is that!!! Congratulations and by the looks of this brilliant sketch, I think you should design some more! Such a pretty card, love those bauble stamps and always like a Xmas card in non-trad colours. Bet your keep checking the gallery 50 times a day, how cool to see how people are inspired by something you did!!

~amy~ said...

yay!
This is gorgeous!

Lyndal said...

FAB sketch & gorgeous card Michelle!!!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card!!! And YAY! on your sketch! :)

Marika said...

Congrats on your first sketch! Well, I saw the flowers in the sketch and when I was making the card I thought that maybe I should do something else, since flowers are quite far from explosions... Good to know that you originally meant them to be flowers... all though your card with ornaments is lovely too! Ornaments would have been my second choice too... LOL! Thanks for your lovely comments on my cards!

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your first sketch. And, it's a good one. I plan to play along for sure. I love your take on it--those ornaments are very fun.

Kelly Latevola said...

I love your card and your sketch! Your ornaments look gorgeous!!