Friday 21 November 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 101

Hello!

We had the craziest storm yesterday. About 3.30pm the sky went black. I checked the weather bureau website and decided that it was time to head towards my kids. By the time my train reached my destination station at 4pm, the rain was so heavy there was flash-flooding. Walking to my car, I was drenched, even with my umbrella! I was glad to not be struck by lightning (a real risk walking with an umbrella in an electrical storm). I collected my girls and drove them home. I decided that I didn't want to go back out in the storm to do the ballet run, so my youngest daughter got an unusual night off. I think we had about 10cm rain in about 30 minutes. Our pool won't need filling for a while. My chickens were lucky to not float away in the flooded back yard. ;-) My dog was wet, and happy. She's a crazy, happy, dog, lol! It was our first big storm of the season. We've had no rain for about two months. Everything is dead, my lawn is completely brown, so the rain was very much needed, but perhaps not 10cm in 30 mins? Living in Brisbane, Summer storms are the norm. Some are bigger than others and this was a big one!

So, beyond storm news, I'm here with my card for CAS(E) this sketch Challenge #101. Did you join in last week? There were some amazing entries in our 100th challenge. This week I wandered off on a tangent with the sketch. Seriously, some sketches are so easy to just replicate, and for some reason my brain comes up with alternate ideas! Maybe I should make a second card, lol! I always hope that my crazy tangents provide someone with some extra inspiration.

I made this card for my brother. It was his birthday this week. My brother already has an amazing life, so I don't really need to encourage him much, but I thought the sentiment worked for him. He's visiting from London at the moment. London is so far away from Brisbane. I miss him, but he has so many opportunities over there on the other side of the world, so I'm also happy for him.
 I used PTI Mighty Oak and Building Blocks stamps.
Now it is late, and I must get some sleep. Thank-you all for continuing to visit while my life is crazy busy and I don't have much time to visit back. My Christmas holidays rapidly approach, and I plan on doing some serious visiting then, I promise!

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Kristie Goulet said...

What a great card for your brother, Michelle! Great take on the sketch!

Neets B said...

Fabulous sentiment and I love your interpretation of the sketch. Great to be joining you this time as GD x

Neha said...

Love your card & sentiment

Deepti said...

Very unique and totally perfect take on the sketch :) love it

Shona Chambers said...

I remember the summer storms! I used to live in Strathpine and can remember running from the train station and up the street to my townhouse, with the black sky, no wind and my hair standing on end. The storm that followed was incredible!! I think your card goes perfectly with the sketch and just love that sentiment. So nice to catch up with family and hope your brother is staying around for a long holiday.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! Thanks for the inspiration over at CTS! Hazel x