Thursday 20 November 2014

Fusion - Shine this Christmas!

Hello!

Today is my nephew's 1st birthday! He lives in London (UK), but he is here in Australia on a visit right now, so I was lucky enough to have dinner with him (and his parents) tonight! I can't tell you how much I'm loving getting to know this gorgeous little fellow. I could just keep him here with me forever! I did make him a card, but I forgot to take a proper photo of it. You can see a portion of it over on my Instagram account, if you're keen.

Tonight I bring you my card for the next Fusion Card Challenge. I find the silver/grey and red colour combination a little strange. I didn't realise I felt this way, until I was working with this inspiration photo, lol! It looks awesome, but somehow I have become stuck in my red and green, or silver and blue thinking for Christmas. How did that happen? I've been brainwashed! That's why I just LOVE these challenges. I am pushed in directions I hadn't thought to go, and I like what eventuates! The "shine" on this card is silver embossed, and it shines. :-)
I used PTI Sparkle & Shine: Holiday Additions mini set to make this card. What a cute little stamp set this is!
The design team have made some BEAUTIFUL cards for this challenge. They are all listed over on the side bar, and I recommend visiting them!

Thank-you for coming to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun wreath Michelle! how nice to have your little nephew visiting too - bet it will be hard to have him leave!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this, Michelle! Thank you for the inspiration. I have this set and needed some inspiration. :) Yes, silver and red is gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous one layer card. Love this Michelle.

Deepti said...

Christmas lights making a wreath is fabulous :)

Shona Chambers said...

Its funny because I seem to be stuck in the red/silver and white combo for my cards at the moment!! This card is stunning and perfectly CAS. I think you did an amazing job considering you weren't comfortable with the colours. I think you should try them again, they agree with you!!

~amy~ said...

Love your stamping...so pretty!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE, love love the sweet twinke lights in red!!!