Wednesday 27 January 2016

Watercolor for Cardmakers - Intermediate Techniques: Day 1

Hello!

Most of you who know me also know that I have a fascination with watercolour and a desire to build up some competency with this tricky medium. I took the Online Card Classes Watercolor for Cardmakers back in May 2014. I learned so much from that class that when I saw that Watercolor for Cardmakers: Intermediate Techniques was on offer, I just had to join in again!

Yesterday I worked on my pre-work and also Day 1 techniques. That was a day of mixed results! But even the dodgy ones taught me something, so it's all positive! :-)

I made one card from the day's work.
I used an apple die to create the outlines, although I think they turned out looking more like peaches, haha!

My other work for the day included lots of experimenting with water and colour to see what it would do. This pile of experiments is currently sitting on my table reminding me to keep on working on it.
Now I'm off to look over Day 2's videos and do a little more work on it before picking up my girls from their first day of the new school year!
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I think this turned out "peachy"...awesome coloring!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Michelle! Peachy keen!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love the way it turned out even if I see peaches they are beautiful! :) I keep thinking I need to take that class!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!!

Bobby said...

At least now you know how to make peaches. ;) I think they look great. I'm behind in the class and just working on my pears. Thought I'd take a look at the gallery to see how everyone else was doing.