Monday 25 November 2013

CASE Study 167

Hello!

CASE Study this month has Keisha Campbell as the muse. Keisha's cards are amazing, but they are in a style that I find a bit unattainable. Me being me, I can't resist a challenge. So I thought I'd give Keisha's style a go. I have a LONG way to go before I come anywhere near Keisha's style. With this card, I really just copied, not so much as following the muse as copying the muse... but at least I gave it a shot, and I'll try again, I'm sure!
My card is a mish-mash of stamps and dies. The feathers are Waltzing Mouse Fine Feathers, flowers are Jane's Doodles Pretty Peonies, zig zag is Hero Arts, the sentiment is Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments. The dies are Mama Elephant. I would love this card, if I hadn't accidentally stuck the feathers in slightly the wrong position (the glue stuck by accident while I was positioning, argh!). It's really different for me, but still reflects my style. This is one of the things I love about CASE Study, I get to stretch outside of my comfort zone. :-)

This is Keisha's beautiful original.
This morning my daughter attended her piano exam. She has decided to stop learning piano, even though she's very good at it, because she doesn't enjoy it. I'm sad. I'm hoping she goes back to it in the future. She will continue violin (which she loves) but, for now, the piano is to be sidelined. She's only 11, there's still time to return.

Now it is time for my beauty sleep. It's been a busy few weeks. Only a week and a half left of school, and I don't have the teacher gifts done yet, eek!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome take on the inspiration! simply perfect!

Tasnim said...

Love this card!! This is awesome!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous CASE - doesn't seem outside your box all - you carried it well!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Michelle!

Beverley said...

FABulous CASE. Hugs Bev x

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love those sweet feathers.