Thursday 7 November 2013

Happy Birthday, Lynn!

Hello!

Today is Lynn's birthday (that's Lynn from The Mango Boys and Me)! What better excuse for making a card than the birthday of one of the sweetest bloggers out there? :-)

I am playing along with Less Is More for the first time in a very long time. The inspiration picture and the challenge - to use a pop of colour on a dark background - enticed me! This is my take on it.
I used PTI Snowflake Flurries stamps. The star was made using a mask (made from wPlus9 Star Stax) and stamping in white ink and then chalking in two tones of pink. The little tags are made using Tiny Tags II, inked in SU! Pretty In Pink and Primrose Petals.

This is the inspiration picture.
I always think fireworks when I use PTI Snowflake Flurries stamps, so when I saw this picture, that was the stamp set that came straight to mind.

Lynn, I hope you have a fabulous day and that your boys all look after you like a princess! Happy Birthday!

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...you are too sweet Michelle! Thanks so much for the birthday shout out! I love the card...the masking against the black is awesome!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle this is a fantastic card for Lynn! Love the way you interpreted the inspiration!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, great use of the inspiration too :D x

~amy~ said...

So very pretty!

Joyce said...

Fabulous card. I do think those snowflake flurries look exactly like fireworks.

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...love the look of the fireworks, so festive and such a sweet way to say happy birthday!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab card, Michelle! And thank you so much for your kind word on my post for Ollie. I really appreciate it.

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, this is so cool! Love the chalking technique!!

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
This is fab, I love the effect that the technique you used has on this super star!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

T said...

So creative and So pretty! I love the pink.