Sunday 3 November 2013

Thank You So Much

Hello!

It's my first week-end for a very long time where I am not on any design teams. This means that my crafting time was spent just wandering around seeking inspiration from current challenges, and working just for now, not for a week or two in advance. ;-)

This card is made for Cards for Cath at Moxie Fab World, where yesterday we received the devastating news that Cath Edvalson has posted her last post. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the news. Cath's advice to papercrafters, her constant inspiration, and her positive and fun attitude have been mainstays of my papercrafting world. So, for all of this, I say THANK YOU SO MUCH, Cath! If I had a chicken stamp, I would have made you a chicken card. ;-)
I used SSS Flower Friend. Paper is PTI. Card is SU! Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White. Ink is SU! Real Red and PTI Hawaiian Shores.

The sketch I took from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
The colours I took from Dynamic Duos, because I'm having withdrawals from being on the DT. The new DT is AMAZING, so I can't be too sad about it! :-)
Edit to add: I'm also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.

And now, I can hear my family having fun in the pool, so I think I shall go and join them!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! LOVE The black accents and the clean lines...so pretty!!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful Michelle. I'm with Lesley..love the colors against the black!

Kate said...

Lovely card, great bold colours.
Kate xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Michelle. I like the design of your card with the touch of black. Thanks for sharing at The Dynamic Duos.

Helen F. said...

Love this bright and cheery thank you card for Cath, Michelle :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

MOXIEfabulous card for Cath in the Duo colors! She will love it!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card for such a sad topic. I, too, was very saddened and surprised. This is a perfect way to tell Cath how you feel.

Marlena M. said...

I love everything about this Michelle~gorgeous card! Oh my gosh, you can still enjoy your pool? I'm so jealous~we've busted out our winter coats already. ;(

maria f. said...

There you go shocking me again with images of jumping in the pool. It's November! Anyhoo, great card. Can't believe those wonderfully bright colors. Love your post too.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Michelle,

I just love the black and the colors jumping off the page. The bold sentiment is great with the blooms. Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos- keep coming back- your inspiration is so appreciated!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle! Thank you for this bright and fun card! And I LOLed when you said that part about the chicken stamp! You know me so well!

I am absolutely overwhelmed by all the love and support I have been given over the last few days. I'm so sorry that my decision has been so difficult, but I am so grateful to know that something I created has come to mean so much to so many. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams, but mostly because I have had the chance to meet such wonderful people, yourself included. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown to me and the Moxie Fab World over the years, Michelle. I appreciate it more than I can ever say.

Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend!

Beverley said...

Love, love, LOVE this colour combo and your card is FABulous! Love it & I can see Cath loved it too! She will be missed. Hugs Bev x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, the colours are so striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

perfect stamping!! i love how you've used these colors!

T said...

I love that you mixed patterns and bright colors. Talent, my dear!