Wednesday 20 November 2013

Christmas is coming!

Hello!

I just love Christmas! I love Christmas carols. I love Christmas decorations. I love it all! I think I would happily buy every Christmas stamp available every year if I didn't have a stern talk to myself about how useful those stamps may be for the rest of the year. Regardless of my self-talks, I still ended up with some yummy new stamps this year, yippee! When Mama Elephant released their October release, I wanted just about everything on the release. Unfortunately for me, but perhaps fortunately for my wallet, by the time I returned from my travels and got to my computer many things had sold out. I had to wait. Then the "other" things I wanted sold out, argh! Not to worry, I still ended up with a very happy haul. :-) Then I went away for work again, and had to wait to play. I know that my work pays the bills, but sometimes it really cramps my stamping style, haha!

Enough of my talk. Here are a couple of cards.
Aren't Santa and Mrs Claus just so cute? Don't look too carefully at the colouring. I don't own Copics, so I used my daughters Faber Castell connector pens. The dies are Mama Elephant Femme Frames, and I am in love with them. You'll see these quite a bit, I think. The stamps are Cozy Christmas. Can you see how the presents and hands are popped up? That involved fussy cutting, sigh! The good news is that the stamp set includes a set of hands, so I don't have to cut around the Santa and Mrs Claus stamps just to get their hands out. The present is also separate.

This next card was just a quick play with the Christmas tree from Cozy Christmas. I like the simplicity of this card, although I'll probably go back and fill in that star with gold now that I've taken another look at it. There are those Femme Frames again... ;-)
Edit to add: I'm linking this tree up with Curtain Call CAS-ual Christmas. I forgot to link up when I published, and managed to miss the CAS-ual Fridays side of this challenge!

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

Paul B said...

Stunning cards Michelle. Love the Christmas tree. So graphic and striking. Very elegant. Pxx

Janet's Joy said...

Beautiful cards Michelle!

Barb said...

Both cards are awesome, Michelle! Love Mr. and Mrs. Claus - so sweet! And your tree is beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Adorable creations from your new haul!! Love them both!

Darnell said...

It's no wonder you have a desire for every Christmas stamp, Michelle, you do Christmas so well!! These are delightful!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle, these are just about as cute as can be! Love them both.

Unknown said...

Love these fun cards with your new Mama Elephant goodies!!! I can tell that you love these images! Makes me smile!

Stacey Schafer said...

such darling cards! thanks so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle both of your cards are so sweet. I have got to get some ME! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Karen M said...

I just love your adorable christmas couple - they are so sweet & both cards are beautiful:) I love christmas too and all the cute stamps are so hard to resist! hugs xx