Friday 4 July 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 83

Hello!

Sometimes a sketch comes along that I like so much that I just want to recreate it on my card. The sketch this week at CAS(E) This Sketch is one of those! As soon as I saw it, this card was fully formed in my head. :-)

In actual fact, it wasn't quite as simple in execution as it was in my imagination. Do you know how many variations on a theme you can create using one little pile of flowers and leaves? Ack! I played and played and played and then I left the pile on my desk for a day before coming back and looking at it and thinking, "Oh, I think that works!" LOL! I just needed a little distance to see what was right before my eyes.
I used wPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals and Strictly Sentiments stamps. The banner is a Mama Elephant die.
This week-end our family is heading to the Gold Coast. My husband is running in the Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday. Last year he ran his 10th year in the Gold Coast Half Marathon (and got that special 10 year shirt) and so this year he's starting his series of Marathons... maybe. This will be his second ever marathon. The last one was really difficult. I think this time he'll breeze through, as far as you CAN breeze through a marathon... breezing through in the way that still running at the end is a major triumph, lol! He's aiming at 3 hours 45 minutes. Just quietly, I can't run 5km at that pace, and I'm pretty sure I can't walk 42km in one go, so I'm super proud! I'll let you know how he goes.

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

16 comments:

Barb said...

So pretty, Michelle! Love your design and gorgeous colors!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fresh & lovely, Michelle! Best of luck to your husband - I remember running my first 5K years ago and the competitive 10K runners beat me to the finish line LOL.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...now talk about a gorgeous card! This is it...so sweet with all your beautiful posies.

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle you did something totally unexpected with this set, makes it look new! Love it!

Lynn said...

Your card is stunning Michelle. Tell your hubby job well done! Amazing! Can't wait to hear how is marathon went. I've done two half marathons. Not in a hurry to do my third.

Marybeth said...

Love your design... all the arranging , with a beautiful end result! Gorgeous! Hope you husband does well, have fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

An abundance of beauty!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :)

laurie said...

Very pretty, love those flowers!

Joy said...

Absolutely STUNNING!! this really is gorgeous, hugs

I Card Everyone said...

Love your posies, and the banner is perfect. Never been a runner, but used to speed walk six miles a day =] Must. Start. Again!! Good luck to the hubs, we'll all be cheering him on =]

Leigh Penner said...

Michelle, I love your gorgeous card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Kay Miller said...

This is beeeeeeeeautiful!! What a lovely lovely grouping of flowers! So so pretty!

Judith said...

Oh, Michelle, this card is stunning!
Sending good thoughts your way!
And for your husband: happy running!

Kara said...

gorgeous michelle!

Anonymous said...

Your card is so petty, Michelle! The colors and they way you arranged them are perfect!