Monday 14 July 2014

Die cutting at its simplest

Hello!

I had grand visions of joining in at Virginia's View Challenge this month with a card made with all sorts of die-cutting magic. It hasn't happened yet and, looking at my schedule over the next few days, the magic is not going to happen, lol! I've run out of time! So, I thought I'd join in anyway with a simple card using a die-cut sentiment block.
Despite its simplicity, I quite like this card. Golden smooch spritzed background with a little stamping for interest, patterned paper behind the black sentiment block. That patterned paper looks like there just might be a party going on back there!
Today was my youngest daughter's first ballet exam. She went off confidently and came out smiling. She thinks taking a morning off school to do an exam is an excellent way to spend her time! She danced for RAD Primary Grade today. Now she progresses to Grade 1 ballet. I thought that getting her into the exams while she's still little may demystify the process before she hits bigger, more important exams later on. The way she was today, I have the feeling that she will never find exams a problem. ;-)

Thank-you for visiting me!

Michelle
xxx

2 comments:

Sara Mac said...

I absolutely love what you did with this text block die! That patterned paper behind the die cut really makes it pop.

Virginia L. said...

Your GRAND plan looks FABULOUS, Michelle! I adore the colorful background--so lovely and dreamy! I also love how you used the die with great contrast in colors! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! We mothers get more nervous than the little ones who actually go through recitals, exams and concert performances!! It is definitely a good idea to start them early to take these types of exams as it will get a bit easier to cope as they get older! (I am speaking from many years of music Mom experience). I bet your little girl pass with flying colors :)