Wednesday 11 September 2013

Happy Birthday, Kara!

Hello!

Today is Kara's birthday, and I'm joining in a fun blog hop in honour of her day. :-)  If you haven't seen Kara's work before, you should pop over and visit, because it's fabulous! Not only does Kara make beautiful cards, but she is also such a lovely person as well. A fab combination!

Happy Birthday, Kara! I hope you have a wonderful day!
I used PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Boutique Borders: Thanks, and Strawberry Patch stamps. Ink was PTI Fresh Snow and Versamark. Chalks and rhinestones are Stampin' Up!

I got a little experimental on this card. I wanted to use the colour scheme over at Just Add Ink, because it sounded just so pretty. And I've had the idea of trying another blackboard card this month to join in at the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Challenge. Trying to get colour onto black (for me) is a bit tricky. Firstly I didn't have Bermuda Bay embossing powder or chalk, so I put my thinking hat on. By mixing chalks (aqua and blue), I came up with the perfect colour! It was a miracle. The little silver tendrils are dusted with Perfect Pearls. The frame is silver embossed. The sentiment is white embossed and then sponged with white ink. The whole card ended up as a sparkly, dusty blackboard. :-)  Oh, and for those of you wondering, I used a spray fixative to stop the chalk and dust from moving around any further.
There are many more birthday wishes for Kara today, why don't you join in the blog hop and check out the cards that her other friends have made as well. :-)
Tracey

Thank-you for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

25 comments:

Brandi said...

What a gorgeous card! I know she will love it!

Lynn said...

A gorgeous card for Kara. I absolutely love the color combo Michelle!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Michelle, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you've incorporated our challenge colours, to make such a unique and pretty card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Julz said...

This is so awesome. I love the blackboard look and adding sparkle to it just makes it better!

Jill Norwood said...

Michele this is gorgeous! I love chalkboard cards! Love the touch of color with the blue flowers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle your chalkboard card is just fabulous! What a perfect sentiment to use for this. No it is not wrong to get distracted from the cake by the way. ;)

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card for Kara!

~amy~ said...

gasp...this is gorgeous.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful chalkboard card Michelle....love the added bit of color. One of my favorite sentiments. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card - I really like this Chalkboard technique - I'm gonna have to try it soon. Chantell JAI

Nancy Penir said...

Michele, simply beautiful! Must visit you more often, love your style!

Cathy Weber said...

Aren't you the smartest person around? Mixing the embossing powders to come up with the perfect shade of blue. Love your card, know that Kara will too.

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love the chalkboard with a pop of color...
she will love this!! :)

ThePurplePlace said...

A gorgeous card...I have been looking for inspiration after buying the new Chalk Background Stamp from Hero Arts and this is a perfect example.

You used one of my favorite colors (aqua/teal) too! SO pretty!!

Great share...thank YOU!!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW Michelle this is beautiful, love the colors too!! Kara will be thrilled ;)

Jeanne J. said...

What a beautiful job with the chalkboard technique - it looks amazing and the blue flowers just pop off the page!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous birthday card Michelle, love your chalkborad technique too, just stunning.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is stunning, Michelle! I love the chalkboard art you created with your card!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love the chalkboard look, and the color you added is just perfect. Very cool to use those scrolly brackets (they must have a real name) to frame the sides of your sentiment. I'm going to try that sometime. So glad you could celebrate Kara's birthday with us--I think you are the guest coming from farthest away.

Kara said...

This is stunning!! I can't wait to see it in person!! Thank you so much for thinking of me!!

Sharron said...

Beautiful! Love the chalkboard look with the added sparkle. Glad you were able to come up with the right color--it looks gorgeous!

Janet's Joy said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Nikki Spencer said...

As always Michelle...stunning! Lovely use of the challenge colours and l do love all things chalkboard. Lovely to see you at Just Add Ink.

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous and I love how you figured out how to mix the perfect colour!

Paul B said...

Thx for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment :) I've just looked at both your blogs and they are amazing. Your photographs are stunning. I'm envious of your skill. And your cards are gorgeous. Beautiful, elegant and stylish. Love this one, so punchy and graphic. Great idea to use black as the main colour and accent with the teal. Pxx