Sunday 22 September 2013

Retro Sketches #82

Hello!

I am finishing a very lovely four day week-end. Today I drove up to the Sunshine Coast to celebrate my nephew's 2nd birthday. It was a lovely celebration, and great to spend some time with family. The hard part was driving up and back in the one day. I'm a little weary now. That didn't stop me from making a card tonight quickly before bedtime. ;-)

This card is made using the sketch over at Retro Sketches Challenge #82. I did use the sketch, but instead of creating an actual split in the card, I made a virtual/implied one that may or may not be visible to you, depending on how abstract your thinking is, LOL! I made a 5 1/2 inch square card. An unusual size for me, but I quite like it! I sat staring at this card for a long time, wondering what to add, and in the end, I couldn't bring myself to add anything because I like it as it is - stark CAS. :-)
I used PTI Pretty Peonies stamps. Card is PTI Fine Linen, SU! Soft Suede, Very Vanilla. Ink is SU! Soft Suede and PTI Fine Linen. Sequins are Avery Elle.
Thanks for coming to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Kara said...

Love your unique color choices got the flower and leaves. It works! Love it:)

Janet's Joy said...

Nope....don't add a thing! It's beautiful!

Ardyth said...

So beautiful - colours I never use, but they look gorgeous together.

Barb said...

So pretty, Michelle! Those neutrals are gorgeous!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm loving the neutrals too, so peaceful and very pretty.

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful. I can absolutely see how you used the sketch, which is now making me proud of my 'artistic and interpretive eye'!! Lovely in the neutral colors.

Craft-E-Place said...

This is a beautiful card - I love the colour choice.
Elaine

Vicki Dutcher said...

You just can't go wrong with this image - fabulous use of colors with it today!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, the neutral colours are fantastic. Don't you love how you can never go wrong with Pretty Peonies? Stunning in the earth tones!!

Claire said...

Wow Michelle...I love this! It's so elegant....just gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle...this is sooooo pretty! I love those flowers and it looks amazing in kraft and black.

Linda Beeson said...

Using brown for that flower is such a neat look

Agata said...

This card is so classy and beautiful!!! Love the soft tones and composition!

Jen W. said...

I wouldn't call it stark - more like clean, crisp and classy! I love it! So how long was your drive today?

Tasnim said...

so elegant and beautiful! simply breathtaking!

Karen said...

You're right! This card doesn't need a thing. I love the color combination you used. I probably wouldn't think of it, and it's such a perfect fall card. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant card. Well done!