Sunday 25 September 2016

CAS-ual Fridays 157 - My very first shaker card!

Hello!

I've never really been a trend follower, and definitely not a trend-setter, and although I've been admiring the shaker card trend FOREVER it has taken me this long to finally sit down and try it for myself!

I was stuck for a birthday card for my nephew when I saw the latest CAS-ual Fridays Challenge was for Shaker Cards, and inspiration struck! Yay!
My biggest challenge for this card was finding a piece of acetate for the front of the card, haha! The rest of it fell together reasonably easily once I worked out what I was doing. I used Happy Little Stampers Big Bold Numbers, Wplus9 star dies, and the stars and sentiment stamps are Hero Arts.
The card was a hit with my two girls. My nephew, being a 5 year old boy, was more interested in the present than the card. ;-) 

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

clelie said...

Love this card! The colors and design are wonderful!

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, Michelle ... bright, vibrant, fun ... love how you added your nephew's age inside that fun starry shaker! Hugs, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Good for you for making a shaker card! I always need an extra dose of courage (& patience!) when I attempt these! It turned out great!

Channin Pelletier said...

I love this shaker card!! It's so bright and colorful!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ilina Crouse said...

Amazing shaker card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!