Sunday 4 September 2016

VVC23 and LIM292 - Happy Father's Day!

Hello!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there today. I'm sneaking in a quick post as the hubby has a LONG Father's Day sleep in. I think a sleep in is the one thing all Mums and Dads love as their number one present on their special day, haha! Later on we'll go out for lunch and then do my hubby's second favourite thing - eat gelati!

I was stumped for a card this year. My darling has very peculiar taste in cards (according to me) and I always struggle to find just the right design. But then I saw two ideas out there in blogland that got me thinking - peacock colours and mist/spray/splatter. That was all I needed to get started and this is what I came up with.
I used Stampin' Up! Celebrate Today stamps and dies for the balloons. The background is Distress Inks in multiple colours, lots of gold Smooch spray, and bronze paint splatters. The gold cord is from Kikki-K.

I'm entering this into Virginia's View Challenge #23
I am also entering into Less Is More Challenge #292 where we are invited to use Peacock colours.

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

sandie said...

Adore that background, stunning and thanks for your kind comment on my blog yesterday x

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Michelle. The background is stunning and I love the texture the gold embossing adds to the balloons!

Esther said...

This is fabulous - so vibrant and with such a celebratory feel! I love the background and the gold embossing, really eye catching and a stunning effect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More!

HJ said...

This is a stunning card, Michelle. I love the background colors with the splatters and the gold embossed balloons with their gold cord strings. Have a wonderful day with your hubby.

Virginia L. said...

SUPERB!! Love the gold embossing on vellum and ink splatter for a masculine card. Your hubby will love it, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love those balloons, so festive and that gold embossing is amazing.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous Father's Day card! Love the embossing and balloons!

Susan said...

Wow, what an eye catching design. Love your use of vellum in combination with the peacock colors! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Chrissie said...

This is really stunning, but at LIM we like to see few layers, minimal embellishments and of course the all important white space!
It was good to have you join us!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Neets B said...

Your coloured background looks fabulous behind the vellum/gold balloons. A lovely design and great for a guy.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More