Sunday 28 April 2013

CASE Study DT Challenge

Hello!

CASE Study are having a Design Team Search Challenge. The idea is that we choose a muse for ourselves who has a different style to what we usually use. This first challenge (choosing a muse) almost undid me! Everytime I found a card I thought I'd CASE, I realised that it was already in a style I use, LOL! That's not very challenging! In the end, I chose a designer who I really admire, but who creates cards differently to me. I chose Betsy Veldman.

My card is this one.
I used Mama Elephant So Breezy, PTI Limitless Labels, and Star Prints. Colours are SU! Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, and PTI Hawaiian Shore. Patterned paper is Lawn Fawn (?).

Betsy's card that I cased was one of her experiments in creating a bokeh effect. I've been admiring them for weeks and thinking of trying the technique out. In my CASE, I attempted to capture the sense of whimsy as well as using bokeh stamping. This is Betsy's card (if you want to PIN it, please go to Betsy's blog and pin from there).
Whether I am chosen for the design team (fingers crossed), or not, this card is already a winner. It was made for my daughter's little friend who is having his fifth birthday party today. My daughter's face lit up with delight when she saw the card and read the sentiment. She gave me an emphatic "Yes, yes, YES!" :-)

Thanks for coming to visit.

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Michelle...I LOVE how you were inspired....your card is really fabulous! Good Luck!

Virginia L. said...

I'll say : "Yes, yes, YES!".
And yes, it's such a gorgeous card inspired by Betsy!! You are awesome no matter what.

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle I adore your sweet birthday card and I love how you made your personal 'Muse' selection. What a great choice is was and your card is fabulous! Good luck to you.

Sian Ridley said...

This is a fabulous CASE of Betsy's card! It's clear what you were inspired by but your style also shines through :) It's so satisfying to see people's reactions isn't it?! (when they're good of course!) and children are the best ones to ask, they don't sugar coat a thing! ;)

Good luck with the DT call...having seen your entry and those of the other entrants, I'm no longer holding my breath! He he! This is brilliant ;)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! So glad you applied :)

Brandi said...

Wow! Your card is absolutely beautiful!!!

Kara said...

beautiful..love the stars!!

Lynn said...

Oh Michelle you knocked the CASE out of the park. I love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle, this is so sweet and I agree with the other comments, you knocked it out of the park. Those stars looks like sunbeams floating down to earth. Stunning!

Lea L. said...

This is so fun & whimsical! Love how you've stamped the stars!

Tasnim said...

This card is a winner to me as well! Such happy colors and such a beautiful design! Good luck to you too :)

Unknown said...

you nailed it! i love your take on betsy's card...awesome case!