Sunday 21 April 2013

Paper planes = happy

Hello!

I squeezed in a little crafting time right at the end of the day today. This "simple" card took a bit more effort than it looks...
I used PTI Sentiment Signs, and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday. I also used Mama Elephant So Breezy. Colours are SU! Daffodil Delight, Memento Grey Flannel, and Hero Arts Pale Tomato.

The inspiration came from the colours at The Play Date Cafe Challenge #178.
and I used the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch #24  (really, I did! I turned it on it's side, and then got a little creative with my interpretation, LOL!)
Now I must run off and get to bed (after making some lunches and packing some school bags...)

Thanks for coming to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...the silhouette image really is awesome!

Ardyth said...

The simple cards always take more time than you think. There's no place to hide mistakes, so usually my recycling bin is full by the time I'm finished. I love your use of colour and placement on this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Barb said...

I love the how you used the colors and the sketch, Michelle! Sweet card!

Joyce said...

Brilliant design. This is a super card. That boy adds such energy.

lostinpaper said...

WOW!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Unknown said...

It's well worth the effort girl! fabulous stamping...multiple colors, the scene flowing into the sentiment, and one layer to boot?! a winner if ever there was one...

Aileen said...

This looks so carefree and fun. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch. x

Sian Ridley said...

Hello! Thank you so much for your lovely comment, it means a lot! I am feeling like my mojo has made a bit of a comeback so I'm, glad you think so too!

A post of Australianisms would be brilliant! I have friends and family out there and so I know some of them :) Thongs over here are very to the item they describe down under ;)

This card is just a stunner! Don't worry, it is obvious that you used the sketch and I love the out-of-the-box thinking :) Such a lovely, summery fun design :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is super sweet and fun!

Virginia L. said...

Superb stamping, Michelle! Love the placement of colors and images--just perfect!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch, Michelle! I love that little boy image and the fun colours you paired him with! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch! I just love that boy image. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

anya said...

Just fabulous! Love it in every way! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!