Tuesday 9 April 2013

Runway Inspired #33

Hello!

When I saw the inspiration photo at Runway Inspired Challenge #33, I decided that I not only wanted to capture the outfit, but also the gorgeous watercoloured background. It took me a while to come up with something... part of my difficulty in responding to RIC, and why I'm always entering my card at the last minute, is that the DT tends to make such amazing creations that it takes me a while to come up with something suitably different, LOL! This is what I came up with.
I used Hero Arts Large Flower Background and PTI Birds and Blooms (sentiment) stamps. The background is stamped in PTI Soft Stone and watercoloured using a water pen and SU! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Bashful blue. The yellow is SU! Daffodil Delight.

To be honest, I almost didn't want to put anything over that card base once I was through colouring it. It is so soft and pretty! I love that background stamp. That little black heart is a wink to the model's hair ribbon.

This was the inspiration.
I would love that outfit for myself if the skirt was a little longer (I've never figured out how women sit down modestly when their skirt is this short). I'd probably not wear the knee high stockings. ;-)

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

6 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Another stunner! I can't believe you used that background - I've been working on a card with the same stamp!

Kara said...

i don't blame you for not wanting to cover that up either...so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous background!

Jenny said...

I love the softness of the background too, great choice of stamp :0)
jenny x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Hi Michelle, I changed the background - yours was coloured so beautifully and it would be weird to have the same.

Darnell said...

Hilarious and honest post, Michelle! I saw a big George S. sweater on a model on Pinterest the other day and the photo was from the side/back and all you could see were legs under the bottom of the sweater. I wanted to say, "How nice that young women today save so much money not buying skirts or pants!" But that prolly would make me sound like Crabby Granny.

And hello? Speaking of Granny, why does she have on her granny's knee-high stockings from 1968?! Which, BTW, are to be worn under PANTS!

Okay, now about your card. I'm just calling this a winner. It just is. Period. You totally showed that Design Team, lemme tell ya! I know just what you mean about those uber talented mm-hmmms. When I see their DT cards, I think, well, like, sure, where does that leave the rest of us?!!

But YOU, oh no, you didn't let 'em scare you off! You showed 'em. Yessiree. Mark my words!! Or they're nuts, obviously.