Tuesday 2 April 2013

Dynamic Duos #46

Hello!

Sometimes in the middle of making a card, I lose my way. So I walk away from the craft desk, leaving what I was working on just sitting there. Often I'll come back and start in a new direction. Other times, as with this card, I'll come back and take a look with fresh eyes and decide I actually like it. While this card isn't exactly what I was envisioning when I started making it, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Somehow the night photography has made the pink a deeper colour than in real life, but you get the idea. ;-)
I used PTI Heart Prints, stamped in SU! Primrose Petals and Pool Party. The patterned paper is SU! More Amore. I also added a little bit of washi tape.

This week's Dynamic Duos Challenge #46 calls for us to use Primrose Petals and a colour of our choice. I chose Pool Party. I usually play Dynamic Duos as an extreme cardmaking challenge, using only the two colours listed and no neutrals (other than the card base). That is one of the things I really love about this challenge, the limit on colour adds to the creativity. This time, I decided to add some neutrals by way of the grey and cream on the paper, and I'm okay with that decision so far. :-)
I'm also popping this card into the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.

I'm back to work today. I wish I was on holidays with my kids. They have another two weeks before returning to school for second term. I do have another couple of days off work at the end of next week, so it isn't all bad, LOL!

Thanks for coming to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

9 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. Love your choice of additional color, and I agree that the neutrals you added here are a good thing. Oh, and I cannot tell you how tempted I am to stamp just a tad more on to my CASE study card, so it will look just a bit more like yours!

Barb said...

One of my favorite color combos! Beautiful card, Michelle!

Jenny said...

I love how your card turned out, the colours and design work so well together Michelle.... You matched up the red/pink in the sentiment perfectly :0)
Jenny x

~amy~ said...

awesome card and color combo!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the colours and whole design of this ,, absolutely fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is beautiful!
xx

Jenny Engelke said...

I agree that sometimes it helps to walk away and come back to a project with a new mind. I'm so glad you kept every element of this card...it's fabulous! I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week, Michelle!

Kara said...

i love it..and these colors....so good!:)

Amy White said...

What a great way to use that portion of designer paper! Looks fab with the stamped hearts above and below. Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!