Thursday 18 April 2013

For Your Inspiration #44

Hello!

It's time for For Your Inspiration Challenge #44!

When I first saw the inspiration photo, I was a little stuck. That happens sometimes. So I walked away and let it bubble away at the back of my brain for a while. The inspiration struck - white embossing on grey for the grey skies! I love the subtle effect it creates.
I used Jane's Doodles Pretty Peonies and Mama Elephant So Breezy stamps. The patterned paper is Studio Calico Snippets. Card base is PTI Soft Stone.

How does the inspiration photo inspire you? It's an amazing view! Stormy weather? Sunset? Grey, black, orange, and yellow? I'd love to see your interpretation!
The rest of the design team has been hard at work, too. Why don't you pay them a visit?
Debbie
Karen
Mynnette
Rochelle
Rudlis
Sara


Thanks for coming by!

Michelle
xxx

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Subtle and absolutely gorgeous. I love the patterned papers you used too.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

A gorgeous interpretation! Your choice of patterned paper is spot on. Love everything about this card! :)

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Oh my dear Michelle! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! It's just beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful shading Michelle!

Sara Mac said...

Michelle I just love everything about this card. I really thought the pp was a panel you stamped. Love the white embossing on grey. That's the whole reason I bought a pack of Soft Stone...but have I done it yet? Nope:)

Jenny said...

Your card is a perfect interpretation of the skyline in the photo... must try white embossing on grey :0)
Jenny x

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous inspired card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous inspired card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous inspired card!!

Mynn xx said...

This is just awesome! LOVE the beautiful patterned papers and the white embossing was a total stroke of genius! HUGS and have a great weekend! :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and great take on the inspiration photo. x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous card - what a cool challenge! - Love your cards - I am your latest follower :)

Kara said...

cool...love that paper!

dstandard said...

Totally fabulous card - love your stamping!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! such a treat to visit your blog!

karen h said...

Love, love, love this card! Great paper choice! Love the white embossed flower!