Sunday 14 April 2013

Retro Sketches #59

Hello!

I had a wonderful time stamping with my friends on Friday. I only got one card made, but I loved the company. I'm probably more of a distraction than necessary to my friends, because I tend to chat non-stop (so excited to get some time with them...). I must learn to be a little quieter. ;-)

This morning I played with a set I borrowed from Cassandra, and I'm in love. Oh my goodness, this set is awesome (if you can line up the images correctly, which I found a little challenging).
I used PTI The Sweet Life and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamps. Colours are SU! Primrose Petals, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and PTI Berry Sorbet.

I was trying a little bit of stitching a la Leigh Penner, whose cards I just adore. My tension and stitch length were wrong, but other than that, I love the detail the stitching adds to the card. I stitched a layer of vellum over my background to soften it up.

The card is made using the sketch from Retro Sketches #59. I turned it upside down.
I'm also entering this card over at Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers challenge.

I'm enjoying a sunny, warm day which is a huge contrast to the last two cold and rainy days. I'm happy to get the washing done before we go back to school and work tomorrow!

Thanks for coming by to visit me.

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, that stamp set is on my PTI catch up list.

Alice said...

beautiful colors and stamping. gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card! i love the colors...and that bloom and sentiment...perfection!

Lynn said...

Stunning. I absolutely love the gorgeous background paper and the touch of stitching.

Brandi said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Betty said...

your card is gorgeous - love the vellum to soften the bg.

Suzanne Russell said...

Another gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the vellum overlay. I know what you mean about lining up the steps on this stamp set, beautiful result, but a little challenging to execute. You did it beautifully.

Lin said...

This is one of my favorite flowers, too, Michelle! Love how it looks on your card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Joyce said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I'm glad to hear that it is not only me who has a hard time lining up the layers. Good thing it always looks good, no matter what.

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle, this is one amazing card! Your flower is just stunning and that background, so beautiful. I love the sweet look your card has too, beautiful.

Jenny said...

The vellum makes a the background soft and almost damask cloth like... gorgeous card Michelle :0)
Jenny x

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh that rose is simply dee-vine!!