Sunday 7 April 2013

Collage Colour

Hello!

Second post for the day. I just made a card for Make It Monday #110, and I didn't want to delay, just in case I miss the deadline! This week the technique is collage elements. At first glance, I didn't think I'd be able to do this technique. My brain has a hard time when too many elements get added all together. It turns out that I can reconcile lots of elements with my CAS-loving brain! Yay!

We have another overcast day here today, and using my light to take the photo has exploded the colour a bit. No amount of editing would bring it back to being quite as pretty as it is in real life (I'm very sad about this, because this card is super pretty). Just imagine that the bright coral is slightly less bright...
I used PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Text Style II, Strawberry Patch, Heart-2-Heart #10, Turning a New Leaf. Colours are PTI Berry Sorbet, SU! Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede. Dies are PTI H2H#10, and Filigree Border.

I used the colour scheme from ColourQ #183.
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

16 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Michelle. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

karen h said...

Love this! Great job with the collage - love the stamp choices!

~amy~ said...

Soooooo pretty!!!

Barb said...

Wow, gorgeous collage card, Michelle! Love the pretty colors!

Kathryn A said...

This is a beautiful card and a wonderful collage! Love it!

Jann Gray said...

What a lovely card! Really fresh and bright! Great design - love the elements you chose to use for your collage!

Lyndal said...

FAB collage stamping Michelle :)

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. This card is so gorgeous Michelle! You rocked the collage stamping!

Kara said...

your collage is beautiful!! love all of the lements you chose...love that yellow border peeking out:)

Jodi_E said...

Love your color combo.

Alex said...

:jaw drops: This is stunning! Love love love this card, the color combo is perfect! Great way to combine 2 challenges!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! You've combined all your collage images so artfully! It's just terrific! Thanks for sharing with us at colourQ!

Sara Mac said...

Michelle, this card is stunning! I love every element that you stamped onto the background. The colors look wonderful. Berry Sorbet is one of my favorites.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful collage! The colors are great together. I love the dainty scalloped edge in the bright yellow.

Joyce said...

You really nailed this collage technique. This is really gorgeous. Just the right amount of stuff, and all in its place, too.