Sunday 7 April 2013

One Layer Fusion

Hello!

It's been a long time since I've played One Layer Wednesay, which makes me sad. My very first ever one layer card was made for OLW, and it was SO DIFFICULT! I think I made about five versions, and none were fabulous. These days I make one-layer cards with a little more ease and less panic. I'm entering One Layer Wednesday #134, which is on Ardyth's blog this week. The challenge is to use "3". I used three stamps and three colours.

This is also my second entry for Fusion Challenge #1. This time I'm using the sketch only and entering Jackie's challenge. I flipped the sketch upside down (there is a little story about distraction when stamping repeat patterns which led to the upside down sketch).
I used PTI Square Prints and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday. Colours are SU! Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso.

Despite the overlap of the squares (necessary to get those lines to match up) and the slightly wonky edges, I really like how this card turned out. The imperfection feels okay in this case.

I'm loving Fusion! I love this concept. :-)

Thanks for coming by!

Michelle
xxx


14 comments:

Ardyth said...

OMG - I tried SO HARD to do this with that set - you perfected it! Well done! I didn't think of overlapping the squares, that was definitely my problem. I love the bold pops of orange! Thanks for playing along with OLW!

Tenia Nelson said...

So VERY COOL!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I actually love how the squares overlap. The clean graphic look is GREAT!

~amy~ said...

What a great card...one layer cards are a challenge for me. Yours rocks! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, I love this one and how your squares overlap the chevrons. Thank you so much for joining us again on the first Fusion Hypothesis!

Kara said...

cool!!

Happy Dance said...

Lovely and amazing! Perfect color choices too. Great design; those pops of orange are brilliant. Bev

Suzanne Russell said...

Very cool take on the challenge, Michelle. Great job.
: )

Kay Miller said...

What a really fabulous card! This would be great for a guy or a girl! Love the patterns! So thrilled that you joined us at Fusion for our first challenge this week! :)

Lyndal said...

The "imperfections" are PERFECT Michelle!
So glad you joined in the fun for the first FUSION hypothesis :)

Unknown said...

I think the over lapping of the squares looks good. Great choice of colors too. This is a perfect masculine card. Thanks for joining us again..:) at Fusion.

Jenny said...

Cool way to get those chevrons, great OLC :0)
jenny x

Nicole P. said...

"A little more ease and less panic" - I can relate to that. I love your card, and those colors are terrrific together.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your overlapping patterns, makes for such an interesting look. Great chevrons too! Thanks again for joining the Fusion Challenge : )