Tuesday 23 April 2013

Retro Duos

Hello!

I'm popping in to share a card which is a little different for me. It's grey and black, and it has a few layers! Surprise!
I used PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, patterned paper is PTI black patterns (it is supposed to be black, but this pack of paper is definitely grey, so perhaps I got grey patterned paper?), card base is Soft Stone.

I made this card in response to two challenges. This week's Dynamic Duos #49 is monochromatic Basic Grey and Basic Black.
The sketch is Retro Sketches #60
I really enjoyed making this card, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :-)

This week we have ANZAC Day here in Australia. On Thursday 25 April we remember those who have served (past and current) in our defence forces to protect Australia. I will be taking my girls to the march in our local community. We're all looking forward to it. I'll share some photos, if I can capture some good ones.

Thanks for coming by to visit me.

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Lynn said...

It is awesome Michelle. I love the polka dot paper and the punched out circles.

Ardyth said...

Great use of these colours!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic to combine these two challenges Michelle, I was planning on doing the same but I am stuck in neutral. You card is so elegant.

Kara said...

lovely! love the repeated circles!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is amazing! I love how you combined the two challenges. I have been trying to come up with a card for both of these challenges and am stuck. :)

Suzanne Russell said...

No surprise here that it's a great card. Love the dots and circles. Terrific birthday card. : )

Jenny said...

I love that sentiment, perfect to take centre-stage on your card :0)
Jenny x

Jenny Engelke said...

What a wonderful take on both challenges! I love how you've carried the circle/polka dot theme through the card with the sentiment, pattered paper and punches! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos this week! ♥

Sian Ridley said...

Well, well...looks like another show stopper! He he! :) this is beautiful, I love these colours and you've made just two colours work so well with layers - erm...jealous...not much! ;)

Bobbie said...

Stunning! I love the mix of patterns and the fun circles...and that image-yummy. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

Unknown said...

Great card Michelle. Love these colors and how the sentiment is the focal point.