Friday 26 April 2013

I'm back from the wilderness!

Hello!

Well, maybe I wasn't in the wilderness, but it felt like it with no internet connection. Whoever heard of a three day outage of cable internet in this modern age? Forget for a moment that this is a modern-age problem... It was also a 3 day Foxtel cable tv outage, but I don't have cable tv, and I don't watch tv much at all, so that didn't bother me... I imagine those people who watch tv were doubly devastated, no tv and no internet as a backup option for entertainment, LOL!  I coped relatively well, interspersed with a few well-chosen barbs thrown at the telephone company via their various avenues for complaint. My kids were ecstatic to find it working tonight.

Back to why I'm actually here. I've made a card for Muse Challenge. This is it:
I used PTI Postmarks, and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, and Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background. Colours are SU! Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, and Real Red.

When I saw Virginia's beautiful card this week at Muse Challenge #14, my card is not what I originally had in mind. But this is what came out of my fingertips when I sat down to create. Virginia's inspiration is slightly different to my creation, but I think the inspiration is evident in the masked, offset sentiment frame.
Yesterday we spent the morning at the local ANZAC Day march and service. Watching the old returned servicemen from our local area marching so proudly made me all teary. The service was excellent, as always.  I will put some photos up over on my photo blog sometime in the next couple of days. Here is one.

Thanks for dropping by to visit. Now I'll try to make up for my lack of visiting and commenting from the past couple of days.

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a unique and beautiful card! I love the colors you chose--that pop of red is perfect.

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, that is what an inspiration challenge is. A starting point for a fabulous creation like this!

Kelly Griglione said...

What?!? Three days without internet? Or TV? That's wild! Well, so glad it's back for you. Especially so you can share cards like this. Love that you didn't go the floral route. Such a great, almost one-layer card!

Ardyth said...

What a fantastic colour combination! I love this postal take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

Joyce said...

So glad to see you are connected again. And, your postal collage is just brilliant.

Virginia L. said...

Your interpretation is simply AWESOME, Michelle!! Love seeing the non-flower approach! The stamping and masking (which is what my card is all about) are simply SUPERB!! So glad that you join the fun with MUS Challenge this week! Hope your internet behaves from now on! :)

Lynn said...

Ahhh...so glad your internet is working again. Your card is awesome! I love the collage of stamping.

Greta said...

Love how you totally made your own card using Virginia's elements! Your masking job is perfect!

Sian Ridley said...

Yep...you've done it again! How awesome is this bad boy?!!! I just keep seeing flowers when I look at this inspiration card, but why?! I love out-of-the-box thinking ;)
Thank you for your good luck wishes - I have everything crossed but not my breath held...just in case :)

Jenny said...

So totally different but the masked sentiment label is just perfect amid the stamped collage :0)
Lovely to see a different theme.

Jen W. said...

AWESOME! Love your layered stamping here!