Friday 12 April 2013

Yay! It's your birthday!

Hello!

Well, maybe it isn't YOUR birthday, but I was having trouble thinking up a header... and it IS someone's birthday, that's why I made this card. ;-)
I used PTI Turning a New Leaf and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamps. The flowers are MFT Die-Namics. Colours are PTI Hibiscus Burst PP, and SU! Garden Green and Night of Navy ink.

I made this card for Muse Challenge #12 where Therese Calvird is our Muse this week with this gorgeous card.
I looked, and looked again, and decided that I was not going to do Therese justice if I just copied this card. Therese has already made this one to perfection. I made a stylised version. ;-)

I used the colours from the April CARDS Blog Challenge.
  Today I am spending the day with my real-life stamping friends. Finding a day in school holidays where none of us are working, or busy, is just heavenly. Our kids run rampant, totally ignored by their mothers, and we spend a lot of time chatting, and a little time putting ink to paper. ;-)

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

20 comments:

Lynn said...

A day with your stamping friends sounds like absolutely perfection to me. Love your card...the polka dot paper is great!

Unknown said...

Love this!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so gorgeous Michelle!

lostinpaper said...

Your day sounds great, it never matters if very little stamping gets done, as long as there is alot of fun. ps LOVE your stylised version, it's so funky!

Meg said...

This card is simple and beautiful - what a lovely job you have done.

Jenny said...

The polka dot patterned flowers are so pretty Michelle... they really stand out against all that white space!
Have a fun day, nothing like a get-together with friends :0)
Jenny x

Jocelyn Olson said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! I love the polka dots, and the jumbo sentiment looks awesome!

Ardyth said...

Love that colour combination and the polka dot flowers! Great take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

Another fab card! Great take on the inspiration!

Lyndal said...

FAB stamping & love your polka dots Michelle :)

~amy~ said...

Sounds like a perfectly perfect day:)

Your card is wonderful!

Karen M said...

Your card is beautiful - I love your pretty flowers xx

Sian Ridley said...

This card is so sweet! I love it! Therese is a tough act to follow huh?! ;)

Sounds like you had a perfect day with your friend ;) I hope you get to do it more often!

shirley-bee said...

This is a lovely fresh take on the inspiration, Michelle! Love the sentiment too.

Neets B said...

Great polka dot flowers and I love those leaves, such a great stamp :)

Joyce said...

Such a pretty and fun card. You got my vote!

Virginia L. said...

You rock this one again! Love it, Michelle!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I so love it Michelle.

LauraJane:) said...

I Like how your sentiment works with the pretty posy!

Darnell said...

Yippee!! Congratulations, Michelle, for the well-deserved Top Three Honor from MUSE!