Sunday 20 January 2013

A card in 10 minutes?

Hello!

I've been watching the 10 Minute Craft Dash for a while now. I've been intrigued. I look at everyone's amazing creations and think to myself, "There is NO WAY I would ever be able to create a card within 10 minutes!"  It turns out I was wrong. I can actually create a card in 2 minutes 27 seconds. And then if I want to fancy it up a bit, it will take me 6 minutes and 8 seconds. And then, if I want to add a little extra bling at the end, I'm pretty confident it didn't take me 3 minutes and 52 seconds to adhere it. :-)

This is the final card. Yes, I've been photographing at night again (sorry!).
I used Mama Elephant Nursery Deco stamps. Card base is PTI Basic White. Ink is Memento London Fog and SU! Pretty in Pink. The paper is Pebbles.

The 10 Minute Craft Dash for Challenge #10 asks us to use the colours Green, Pink, and Grey.  I immediately thought of this stamp set and a one-layer baby card. It definitely helps to have an idea in your head before you start a 10 minute card!

The following photos show my stages and timing. This was the first version.
Totally acceptable if you only have 3 minutes before you have to dash out the door and you've forgotten a card. But, I felt that little giraffe needed a little boost... so...

This was the second stage.
It takes me 3 1/2 minutes to stamp and fussy cut one tiny giraffe. Now, can you see why I like dies so much?

The final version (up top) has a couple of rhinestones, but I'd stopped timing, and only decided to add them while I was photographing the card. It took me another 10 seconds or so to attach them.

I might give this challenge another go, and try to make something more involved next time! I think I made it too easy on myself by going one-layer. ;-)

This was fun!

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card for the Craft Dash, I love it Michelle, so cute and in only 6 minutes--so impressed!

Paulina said...

I absolutely LOVED reading your post. It makes me so happy to read that you've heard about my challenge and finally decided to play along- this made my night! :)

Your card is adorable. All of your stages were fab, but I must say, I love the end result. The layered giraffe, the layout and the rhinestones all make for a super awesome card!

Thank you for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Michelle. I hope you'll join along in my challenge again!

Jen W. said...

Still haven't been brave enough to attempt this challenge yet. My excuse is I don't have an iPhone with a timer! LOL!

Love that sweet little giraffe. You always rock that Mama Elephant set!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, I love it!!! I am hoping to participate in this challenge too. I don't know if I can make a card in under 10 minutes though. :)