Thursday 3 January 2013

For Your Inspiration #37

Hello!

For Your Inspiration Challenge is back from holiday! Yippee!  We're kicking off the year with a beautiful, placid scene across the water.
I'm not sure where this is. It evokes feelings of Switzerland with the mountains out back and the lake in front. In any case, I'd love to be there! Edit: It's Lake Bled in Slovenija, according to Andreja. :-)

For my card, I couldn't go past the greens and blues with those wispy white clouds.
I used Hero Arts Large Flower Background and Say It All stamps. I white embossed the background onto SU! Pool Party, and then used my Inktense pencils (Sea Blue and Teal Green) to do some selective colouring. The sentiment was white embossed on vellum, to allow the beautiful background image to shine through.

I really like how this turned out. This is the type of card I had in mind when I bought this beautiful background stamp.

The rest of the Design Team have created beautiful cards, as always! Why don't you pay them a visit?
Debbie
Karen
Mynnette
Regina
Rochelle
Rudlis
Sara
Steph
Vicki

Thanks for dropping by. I'd love to see your entry over at FYI very soon!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Barb said...

One of my all-time favorite stamps and you've used it so beautifully, Michelle! Your blues are stunning!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful stamping Michelle, so soft and lovely.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Michelle...the background stamping is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful stamping Michelle! Love the fresh colour too.
x

StephC said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you went with, and the stamping. Such a fabulous card!

Unknown said...

Stunning! Love the coloring over the white embossing!

Unknown said...

This is a really beautiful card! I 'm not real great with pencils, but I am definitely going to try this technique.

Leigh Penner said...

Very lovely card, Michelle!

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE the blues you used to watercolor the white on white embossing! This card will be such a comfort! So excited to be working with you!!!

karen h said...

Michelle your card is stunning - I really love how you used the stamp and colored it!

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. Your coloring is perfect.

Sara Mac said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! That embossed bg looks amazing.