Thursday 17 January 2013

Happy Birthday and a Wedding...

Hello!

I have two reasons for this post. One is a card, which is this one.
I used PTI Strawberry Patch stamps. Colours are PTI Fresh Linen, SU! Barely Banana & Pool Party. Card base is PTI Basic White.

I made this card for Retro Sketches #46. I just LOVE this sketch, but then, I love most of the Retro Sketches!
And I used the colours from CR84FN #70. I wanted to join in before they go on holidays until March!

And the other reason for this post is a bit of fun which is happening over on Ardyth's Blog to celebrate Darnell's wedding anniversary. I like Ardyth and Darnell a lot, and I thought I'd join in. I'm sorry, Darnell, that I didn't make an anniversary card, but today inspiration on this front eluded me! I hope your day was fabulous! We have been invited to share our wedding photos, and I have two here to share today.
This was us back in 1999.  One day I might show you some photos from our early days. We met early in 1993, became friends, and started dating in September that year. And the rest, as they say, is history! :-)

Thanks for dropping by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty card and beautiful wedding pics!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card, Michelle. I love that sketch. Your wedding photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! ann

Judith said...

Beautiful couple!
And your card is so stylish.
Have a nice day,
Judith

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful card and wedding pictures Michelle!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Michelle! Gorgeous wedding photos! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Great card, and I love your photos!

Susan said...

Beautiful wedding photos, Michelle!

Ardyth said...

Michelle - thanks so much for playing along with the Anniversary Fun - it's so great to get to know each other a little better in this way, isn't it?

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - outline strawberry image and pretty papers are just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Love your wedding photos - you both look fab!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great job with the sketch! Just love the strawberry.
Your wedding pictures are beautiful ! I couldn't help but notice our colors are also in your photo! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!!!

Anonymous said...

Super CAS card and beautiful wedding photo! Anita :)

Darnell said...

Aw, Michelle, your photos are so lovable and priceless! Thank you so much for joining in the fun and posting your photo! (I love how the CR84FN colors are in the stylish top photo - serendipity!)

You had a lovely long courtship and look blissfully happy! (Love the body language!) But could you please let me know the month and day in 99, so that I can return the flavor of sweet congratulations wishes in a comment to you on your blog on your special day? Please.

No card was necessary for this fun idea, but I'm happy you posted your retro take. I love it!!

I'm sorry I didn't come by sooner. I took some time off to actually celebrate with Mister, and I'm slowly making my way through the fantastic links.

Thanks again! Mwah! Darnell

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is so PRETTY! LOVE your wedding photos, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Great CAS design!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN!

Jen W. said...

This sketch totally confounded me but you have rocked it! Love the summery feel of it!

Your wedding pics are fabulous! A gorgeous couple!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous wedding pics....love the close up!! Excellent use of the colors and sketch! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!

Shannon White said...

What lovely wedding pics!! Your card is simply Lovely and Sweet all at the same time! Wonderful take on the sketch as well! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)