Saturday 19 January 2013

Blue Birthday with a tiny bit of embossing!

Hello!

Turns out you CAN whip up another card while dying of heat exhaustion! (Joyce, I'm in Brisbane, Australia, and it is about 35.5C = 98F?). I heard that yesterday Sydney had its hottest day ever at 45C. When it's that hot, it's a different heat. It's DRY. I'm not sure if I prefer our sticky, humid heat or the dry heat... probably neither, I'd rather snow!!

This card started with a lot of embossing, and a little  bit of blue. But then it just didn't work, so most of my embossing ended up covered in blue! You can still see the embossing at the top. The whole bottom section of the card is embossed, but I covered it up with die cuts. ;-)  Can someone tell me what die will cut the right size star for Papertrey Ink Star Prints? I really don't like hand cutting them!
I used PTI Botanical Silhouettes (sentiment), Star Prints, Background Basics (Circles) stamps. I also used PTI Chevron Stripes dies to emboss and die cut. I hand cut the star. Colours are SU! Bashful Blue and Night of Navy. Card base is PTI Basic White.

This card was made for Addicted to CAS #4 and CASology #27

Thanks for coming to visit!

Now, I might just jump in that pool!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Joyce said...

This is an amazing card. I love all that happy blue. I think you want the mid sized star from the PTI star dies. Although I read somewhere that these stars are sized for punches. I know where Brisbane is! I was there in my summer/your winter of 88 and went to the worlds fair! (Probably before you were born) Now, you can jump in the pool.

Barb said...

Michelle, this card is fabulous! Love those awesome chevrons and the beautiful blues!

I live in the northern portion of the U.S. where it is quite cold this time of year. In the next few days, we are suppose to get some of the coldest temps we've had in four years. The temps will start dropping tomorrow and by Monday morning it will be -10F below zero! For you that would be -23.3C! Wanna trade places?! LOL! I could use a little heat right now! :)

Ardyth said...

It's pretty cold here in Toronto. Hard to even think about air conditioning! lol! I love hearing the story of the evolution of your card - this happens to me often - the original idea doesn't quite work and the card develops a mind of its own!But a beautiful result justifies whatever method you took to get there! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Michelle. Keep cool!

Meghan said...

I've been through cards like yours a few times. I think this one turned out so well after all your trials and tribulations! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week.

Unknown said...

A great card Michelle - I love the way mistakes often turn out so well (which is why my blog name is Serendipity Dragonfly!). I love the chevrons and the white looks stunning against the black. Thanks so much for joining us at A2CAS.

Karen x

Anonymous said...

Evolutionary card making ... what a wonderful result ... love the zig-zags and all that lovely white space! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty I love the chevrons Michelle!

Rosemary said...

this is so pretty! i love the little bit of embossing at the top... adds just the right finishing touch! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Michelle, despite your "issues" with the embossing, I love the addition of the blue die cut chevrons! Stay cool, and thanks for playing along at CASology this week...your card is perfectly CAS!

Patrice said...

Eye catching card for sure! The beauty of our hobby is that you can make most mistakes work for you! So glad you could join the challenge fun at ATCAS this fortnight.

Living in Canberra I'm used to the dry heat. I lived on the Gold Coast for a number of years and never could get used to the humidity. It has been a tad too hot lately though.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful stylish and perfectly embossed card just perfect for our challenge at Addicted to CAS, thank you so much for sharing with us this time and do hope to see you again.

Marie

Darnell said...

Nailed!!!

Jen W. said...

Yikes! How did I miss your card this week?? I love it! The die cuts are so cool and I always love a star!

98??? That's just wrong especially when it's humid too. It's hovering around the high 60s/low 70s here but the humidity is still up there so it's damp and feels colder than it is. Shouldn't complain though. Spent last Christmas in Las Vegas where it was in the 60s and so DRY!!! I was miserable!