Tuesday 1 January 2013

Make It Monday #98 - Chalkboard technique

Hello, and Happy New Year to you all!

I'm starting 2013 off with something new - a new technique!

Sometimes in life events happen that FORCE you into action. :-)  A couple of days ago, I was carefully examining some cards - one by Meredith MacRitchie and the others by Betsy Veldman. The particular posts I was looking at were using the Chalkboard technique. I pinned these posts and decided I would do something like this one day. Well, today I found that Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink is all about the chalkboard technique this week, with another tutorial by the fabulous Betsy! That was all the prodding I needed, so I sat down to experiment.

My first effort isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it DOES look like a chalkboard, and I am confident that with some practice, I will be able to do better.  I quite like this technique, despite the "messy" feeling when creating the card using it!

This is my card.
I used PTI Strawberry Patch , Strawberry Patch Sentiments, and Embellishments. Colours are SU! Real Red, Black, and PTI Basic White. Ink is PTI Fresh Snow and Versamark. Pencils are Derwent Inktense.

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Love the strawberry, Thank you for your comment.

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! i'm going to have to give this technique a try...you rocked it.

Carol said...

Too cute! Love the strawberries!

Amy Kolling said...

Gorgeous! The strawberry images look great with this technique!!!

landerson213 said...

Very pretty! Love that small bit of red and green "chalk" in there too! ;)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Jacquie Southas said...

terrific stamps to use for this technique - great card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle you card turned out just beautiful. Great job on the technique which is also on my to do list. Happy New Year!

T said...

awesome! I've been meaning to try out the chalkboard technique too!

Jen W. said...

This is fabulous, Michelle! Love the chalkiness and the ribbon tag is so sweet! I have been totally intimidated by this technique but maybe now I'll finally give it a try.

Joyce said...

Love your first take on the chalk board technique. I need to find the time to watch that video. Happy new year!!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty, Michelle! I made a card for my daughter and used the berry sentiments, too.

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful, Michelle!! LOVE this technique--gotta try it! Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog! I agree about my friend. She's just not happy really ever because of her "perception" that everyone is out to get her and it makes me sad when people refuse to associate anyone for any un-good reason. I understand if you don't want to be around people who participate in high risk activities or things that go against your values, but you can still be kind to them. The food thing, you are SO right...it scares me what we eat sometimes!!!

Marybeth said...

Love this! You did it perfectly with the double stamping.