Saturday 12 January 2013

Choo choo!

Hello!

Sometimes I start making a card with a particular idea almost fully formed, other times the card just seems to make itself. This card is an example of the latter. Not quite what I had in mind, but still cute. ;-)
I used PTI Little Hot Rod stamps and dies. Colours are SU! Cameo Coral (I didn't have anything like Melon Berry), Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, and Memento London Fog for the sentiments. Card base is PTI Basic White.

This is in response to two challenges. Make it Monday #99 calls for us to use rainbows and repeats. My repeats are the clouds. The rainbow scheme I chose was colour scheme #2.
CASE Study this month has the amazing Amber Kemp-Gerstel as muse, and the first card for CASE Study #123 is one of my many favourites of hers.
I really did mean to CASE this more closely, but I ended up focusing on the creation of movement through the use of repeated images.

Thanks for coming by!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh so sweet Michelle.

Barb said...

It's an adorable card, Michelle!

Virginia L. said...

Aw.. lovely in every way! GREAT take on the challenge, Michelle!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely darling! LOVE the way you've used all the colors and the sentiment is too fun with your train image! I hope you have time to play with us this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday! I would LOVE to see what you create for these two challenges! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Now how fun is this Michelle--LOVE!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on both challenges, Michelle! I love those rainbow clouds!

Helen Berry said...

oh this is just too cute - love it!

Tasnim said...

This is so cute! Love the little train with huge amount of smoke clouds! And you have done an amazing job creating a sense of motion with your stamping! Beautiful colors too!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness, this is just too darn cute. I love that sweet little train and all the colorful smoke, how sweet.

Clare said...

LOVE this! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Andrea Ewen said...

What an adorable card, Michelle...love those multi-colored clouds...so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Maureen said...

LOVE your interpretation! That's the true spirit of the challenge :) Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study :)