Thursday 31 January 2013

Clean and Simple Card Making 2 - Day 3

Hello!

Today's lesson over at Clean & Simple Card Making 2 was wonderful. Three fabulous videos jam-packed with inspiration. Unfortunately my day didn't lend itself to actually using that inspiration so well, but here I am sharing what I did anyway. ;-)

Jennifer showed us a new technique for creating gradient colour. I've never done it before, and I was a bit scared to try, but I'm happy with the outcomes as far as colour go (I won't go into the bits I'm dissatisfied with!).
This card uses PTI Background Basics: Circles and Think Big Favorites #16 (?). Colours are SU! Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight.

My second card was following Shari Carroll's tuition. The lesson was great, my application of it not quite what I planned. Instead of properly finishing this card, I dealt with a major 5-year-old tantrum. After that, I was too exhausted to play anymore. ;-)
This card uses PTI Teach & Inspire stamps and dies. Colours are SU! Poppy Parade, Certainly Celery, and Early Espresso.

There was more inspiration at Day 3, and I know I'm going to have to revisit the lessons again to soak up all the ideas.

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

These are great Michelle, l loved Shari's technique and your take on it is just lovely.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! I love your take on Shari's technique.

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous cards...I love the soft color spectrum on the first and the second one is so cool with the stamped pattern in the background.

Barb said...

Ah, yes - 5 year old tantrums - I remember them well. But your cards both turned out beautifully, Michelle! Love the tiny circles used for your gradient stamping and your second card is so fun with the apples!

karen h said...

((hugs)) I hate days like that! I do love your cards! Your color choices on the first card are so soft and pretty! And I love the composition on the second card.

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

The colors really POP on this card...nicely done!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love both of your cards!! Thanks for sharing!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, these two cards are gorgeous!! Love them both! Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

Joyce said...

Both cards are really fun. You are doing an A+ job on all your homework.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your gradient stamping is beautiful Michelle and your second card is fantastic you didn't need to play anymore. Don't you just love tantrums?

Tasnim said...

Gorgeous cards! I LOVE the colors you used in the first one!!